Trolling for Bass??

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 25, 2021, 11:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Check out my latest video on how I stumble across this fun summer bass fishing technique.  lo lo

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching and tks for sharing the video with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

We used to do this very technique when pond fishing. If they weren't biting against the cattails we'd put on curly tail or u vibe worms and just cruse around the pond...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Brian in VA

Pretty cool, those look like really long irrigation canals - is that what they are?  Good video Lou.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Brian in VA on July 25, 2021, 06:05:47 PM
Pretty cool, those look like really long irrigation canals - is that what they are?  Good video Lou.

Appreciate you watching the video. To answer your question, that entire area used be an agricultural tract of land before it was sold to the government.

zippyduck

I used to do this with mepps spinners when pond fishing.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Pat Dilling

We have some guys in our Old Fart$ fishing club who troll for bass all the time.  They don't have a trolling motor on their boat so the just drag crankbaits along steep banks and across points.  They catch 'em too.  They used to be trout fishermen, but got tired of being skunked.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Dog

Seems every time i go trolling for trout or kokes I always get a spot or two once in a while a bucketmouth.