Shimano Metanium MG7

Started by rockchalk06, April 26, 2015, 05:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockchalk06

Anyone have any water time with this reel? I have my eye on a premo used model with box and paperwork for 240 shipped. I've read that this is basically the JDM version of the Core 100MG7.

I have my heart set on a Core 100MG7 or the like. I would like to put this on a DX 746 someday for a mega jig rod.

Thanks in advance

Down4ttown

How heavy you going to go with the jigs?

rockchalk06

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 26, 2015, 06:13:33 PM
How heavy you going to go with the jigs?

It will be for 1oz or bigger. May double as a frog rod and flipping too.

Down4ttown

That would be a bad mother.

MCS

Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

rockchalk06

Quote from: MCS on May 07, 2015, 07:32:36 AM
So did you get it?

Yep. I couldn't take it anymore just staring at me talking smack! Should be here around the 15th.

MCS

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 07, 2015, 08:00:54 AM
Quote from: MCS on May 07, 2015, 07:32:36 AM
So did you get it?

Yep. I couldn't take it anymore just staring at me talking smack! Should be here around the 15th.

Dude sweet. That is one I kept eyeing on ebay once I broadened my horizons lol
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

H8R

Yea, I have extensive experience with this reel. It can handle that weight with no problem! I would upgrade the drag though, just for extra piece of mind, not that the drag isn't good... but I wanted more.. so i did that! :)

rockchalk06

Quote from: MCS on May 07, 2015, 08:46:38 AM

Dude sweet. That is one I kept eyeing on ebay once I broadened my horizons lol

Oops!lol I just got an update on shipping. It left May 4th from Japan and its now in OK. Says delivery for tomorrow!!!!!

rockchalk06

Quote from: H8R on May 07, 2015, 10:33:30 AM
Yea, I have extensive experience with this reel. It can handle that weight with no problem! I would upgrade the drag though, just for extra piece of mind, not that the drag isn't good... but I wanted more.. so i did that! :)

Will do sir. Thanks. How does it compare to the US Core 100MG? Smoothness wise, etc? I've never had a JDM reel before.