New Toy - Joined the Darkside

Started by MCS, May 07, 2015, 07:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCS

Well, I sold a reel and a cheap reel broke. Time to find a reel. After shopping fleabay and markets looking at used daiwa and talking with LMG I found this little baby, a Scorpion xt 1000.  :o I know I vowed never to buy a She-man-o but it fits my needs perfectly, best thing was the price for this NIB. I will plug japan lure shop here as I ordered this May 1st and it was here Tuesday, great price and service. I spooled it with 30lb stren braid, mounted it on my veracity 6-9 mh and threw a d-stroyer with a 3/16 oz. I am very impressed with this reel after using it for 45 minutes this morning. It casts noticeably farther than all my other reels and I don't really need to use my thumb, kinda weird  lo...now if it would only hook the fish, I missed a couple this morning  lo

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

rockchalk06

The 1000 will be my next reel after I get a new Dobyns.

Those Shimano's are addictive man and LMG is a tool! Thanks to him, I own no more Abu's and my wallet still hasn't recovered from his Shimano talk ~xyz

MCS

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 07, 2015, 07:33:41 AM
The 1000 will be my next reel after I get a new Dobyns.

Those Shimano's are addictive man and LMG is a tool! Thanks to him, I own no more Abu's and my wallet still hasn't recovered from his Shimano talk ~xyz

Hahaha don't let him fool you he still likes abu rods. Man I can see why they are addicting, I had my eyes on some of the old Met and Alde mg, scorpion dc is sweet too and the brenious. I want the brenious with a custom rod next ;D toss some light stuff .....I dunno if I will buy another Daiwa hahaha.....Still not a fan of the new age shimano stuff though.
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

rockchalk06

Neither am I. I almost bought a Ci4 last year, but just cant get over the look and feel of them. I'm sure the internals may give a smoother feel etc etc etc, but they don't feel the same in my hands. I purchased my first Core about 2 years ago and now have 4. I don't anticipate getting anything else from them in the near future.

Plus I have this thing about the side plates being attached to the reel. The new ones don't. ~rant

MCS

I love the size and the way it fits in your hand.....

rockchalk06

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

LgMouthGambler

H8R

the force is STRONG with the 50 series Shimanos.. That's why I have 4 :)

MCS

Yeah I can see adding another one in the future.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on May 07, 2015, 11:00:43 AM

Oh no, its already infecting him!  ~roflmao >:D

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 07, 2015, 03:18:01 PM

You should come with a warning label  PoPo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 07, 2015, 04:05:28 PM

I do. Just ask my Wife.

MCS

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 07, 2015, 04:05:28 PM

Your not helping any posting your new addition  lo