Shimano Sahara anti reverse

Started by cward1234, February 06, 2011, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cward1234

I recently purchased a Shimano Sahara 4000FB from Sports Authority. It was on sale for $70 and there was a clearance special and I got it for half off. The deal included a Shimano rod too so I couldn't pass it up. I noticed that when the anti reverse is engaged, there is a constant noise coming from the area of the anti reverse lever. It doesn't make the noise when the lever is in the off position and I am wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

Pro Reel

no, it should not make noise. Take it back or send it in to Shimano for warranty repair.

saltfisher

Sorry about that, but if you got this reel for $35, thats a steal!!! I just bought 2 over the weekend, and 1 was $69, and the other was $62. I may have to check out sports authority. But i agree.... take it back and exchange it. Or send it in for warranty repair. For that price, im willing to wait for a warranty repair.
If you can't beat um, go fishin!!

scottydoesnt

I would see if sports authority would exchange it first only because it would be quicker and you don't have to worry about shipping.

cward1234

I appreciate all the replies and unfortunately, I threw the receipt away. It was a steal and a 4000 is a little big for bass but that's okay with me. I ended up breaking the reel down and found out that it was the roller clutch assembly. I ordered a replacement clutch from shimano and it is about a two minute job to replace. Thanks again. Shimano rocks!!!!

saltfisher

I think the 4000 is perfect for bass. 8-10-12lb. The next model under that I think is a tad too small. 6-8-10lb capacity. I usually use 12-14lb for bass in mono depending on what type of fishing I am doing.
If you can't beat um, go fishin!!

DanielR

Quote from: saltfisher on February 07, 2011, 05:32:48 PM
I think the 4000 is perfect for bass. 8-10-12lb. The next model under that I think is a tad too small. 6-8-10lb capacity. I usually use 12-14lb for bass in mono depending on what type of fishing I am doing.
The capacities are just manufacturer recommendations, but I'm glad to see Shimano came through.