I Found Mini Me

Started by FlatsNBay, March 12, 2023, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

I ran into one of the neighborhood kids who is ate up with bass fishing. He's probably around 12 or 13 years old and says he goes fishing almost every single day. He reminds me a lot of myself back in the day when I was his age. I've been giving him some of my old baits and overstocked soft plastics that I don't need. He's been showing me pics of the bass that he's been catching off his new baits. I'm actually getting more enjoyment seeing his catches then holding on to baits that I'll never use.

Passing it on is great. I may have to take him out in the Bass boat. I bet that would make his day!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on March 12, 2023, 01:00:01 PM
I ran into one of the neighborhood kids who is ate up with bass fishing. He's probably around 12 or 13 years old and says he goes fishing almost every single day. He reminds me a lot of myself back in the day when I was his age. I've been giving him some of my old baits and overstocked soft plastics that I don't need. He's been showing me pics of the bass that he's been catching off his new baits. I'm actually getting more enjoyment seeing his catches then holding on to baits that I'll never use.

Passing it on is great. I may have to take him out in the Bass boat. I bet that would make his day!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
That's awesome! If you're able to take that kid out on your boat, he will never FORGET that experience.

Bud Kennedy

Years ago I had the same situation.  a group of 3 sometimes 4 boys would be walking down the street with their rods and some baits in a backpack.  They liked to stop by and look at my Ranger and talk about fishing.  They mostly fished in some of the golf course ponds in the area.  I would always allow them to raid my soft plastics cabinet and from time to time I would give them a few hard baits as well.  I really enjoyed watching them walk away showing each other the baits they have scored and talk about how they were going to use them.

I have offered to take them out in the boat if their parents would give me a call to give their approval.  Unfortunately that never happened.  A few weeks ago one of the boys now much older stopped by in his car for a visit.  He was wearing his Marine uniform and was no longer that skinny kid that used to visit.  It sure does not take them long before they are all grown men.  I have not heard from his other fishing buddies in a few years and he did not know where they were either.  I will never forget their excited visits with me and the look on their faces while raiding my bait cabinets.  Truly a very special if not precious memory.

big g

Nothing better, that's what it's all about.  Pass it on!!!!!!!!!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.