FL Bass Talk (Spring 2024)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, March 08, 2024, 03:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Happy Easter from my family to yours. Was a great morning at The Refuge

Tiller Mafia.

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

FlatsNBay

Fun night at one of my local parks. That dang Lou reminded me of how effective a Chug Bug could be so I put it back in my rotation. I caught several on it but for some reason my hook ups suffered a bit. Probably the small stock hooks. I switched to a Booyah popper and it was lights out as the sun was going down. Caught 15 mostly in the 2 to 3 pound range. All smiles as I drove home.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 14, 2024, 08:28:25 PMFun night at one of my local parks. That dang Lou reminded me of how effective a Chug Bug could be so I put it back in my rotation. I caught several on it but for some reason my hook ups suffered a bit. Probably the small stock hooks. I switched to a Booyah popper and it was lights out as the sun was going down. Caught 15 mostly in the 2 to 3 pound range. All smiles as I drove home.

Nice!!  ;)

Capt. BassinLou

Well, here we go. Day 1 of a two day charter. Today's target species is largemouth. I have the fish pretty dialed in, but I have to be ready to adjust on the fly. Conditions look good. Stay tuned!  ;)

Capt. BassinLou

Phenomenal outing!! Clients boated 86 largemouth!

FlatsNBay

What a fun night. I went to my neighborhood park to see if there were any catfish in the lake. As I was messing around a few bass started busting around me. Good thing I brought my topwater rod. An hour or so later, I had 16 bass landed, all on a Devil's Horse. It wasn't the ideal bait as it was much larger than the bait that the bass were feeding on, but it worked!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 26, 2024, 09:53:28 PMWhat a fun night. I went to my neighborhood park to see if there were any catfish in the lake. As I was messing around a few bass started busting around me. Good thing I brought my topwater rod. An hour or so later, I had 16 bass landed, all on a Devil's Horse. It wasn't the ideal bait as it was much larger than the bait that the bass were feeding on, but it worked!

Wtg! Fun fishing night.

ccr425

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi. Looks a lot different than when I was active here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: ccr425 on April 29, 2024, 01:21:45 AMHi everyone. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi. Looks a lot different than when I was active here. Hope everyone is doing well.

What's up bud! Nice surprise seeing you stop by. Hope all is well with you too.

ccr425

Can't complain really. Congrats on that huge day above. I bet those people were amazed to catch that many bass.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: ccr425 on April 29, 2024, 07:23:13 AMCan't complain really. Congrats on that huge day above. I bet those people were amazed to catch that many bass.
Thanks, man. Appreciate it! Yeah, the clients had a lot of fun! That's what it's all about.

ccr425

I haven't really fished much for the last few years, but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. My home lake has been super low for the last few years, which has contributed to me not having that fire to hit the water. It's connected to sink holes that randomly open and close, draining and also letting it fill. It seems to be filling up lately and I'm hopeful for some tropical weather this summer. We need a depression or two to come through my area. A friend and I have used his jon boat a couple of times and found plenty of fish in the 1-3 pound range. I know there are some bigger fish too. Getting on the water is all I've been thinking about lately.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: ccr425 on April 29, 2024, 11:39:38 PMI haven't really fished much for the last few years, but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. My home lake has been super low for the last few years, which has contributed to me not having that fire to hit the water. It's connected to sink holes that randomly open and close, draining and also letting it fill. It seems to be filling up lately and I'm hopeful for some tropical weather this summer. We need a depression or two to come through my area. A friend and I have used his jon boat a couple of times and found plenty of fish in the 1-3 pound range. I know there are some bigger fish too. Getting on the water is all I've been thinking about lately.

Good to hear you're beginning to get the fishing bug again. You used to catch monsters back in the day. ;)

ccr425

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on April 30, 2024, 04:11:28 AM
Quote from: ccr425 on April 29, 2024, 11:39:38 PMI haven't really fished much for the last few years, but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. My home lake has been super low for the last few years, which has contributed to me not having that fire to hit the water. It's connected to sink holes that randomly open and close, draining and also letting it fill. It seems to be filling up lately and I'm hopeful for some tropical weather this summer. We need a depression or two to come through my area. A friend and I have used his jon boat a couple of times and found plenty of fish in the 1-3 pound range. I know there are some bigger fish too. Getting on the water is all I've been thinking about lately.

Good to hear you're beginning to get the fishing bug again. You used to catch monsters back in the day. ;)
Just lucky to have an awesome fishery 5 miles from my front door. I'm sure any of you guys that fish regularly would have the same or better results. I'm not gonna lie, nothing beats that feeling of landing a fish that takes your whole hand to lift by their lip. I used to have so much fun.

FlatsNBay

Welcome back CCR. Looking forward to seeing your big fish posts again!

ccr425

Quote from: FlatsNBay on May 01, 2024, 07:01:22 AMWelcome back CCR. Looking forward to seeing your big fish posts again!
Haha, maybe luck will be on my side! How've you been Flats?

FlatsNBay

Doing good. Still chuckin and winding! 😂

Capt. BassinLou

I'm meeting up with another SFL UB member in a bit. I'm looking forward to this outing. Stay tuned. ;)

Capt. BassinLou

I'm watching nice peacock bass swimming around while I wait for my ride. Lol!