A few trips from the last week or so.

Started by No Excuses, April 29, 2024, 07:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

I haven't fished much the last couple weeks due to turkey season. Put a tag on a bird last Sunday morning after being close all week. The saga ended with me shooting what looked to be, ( after he was flopping), a Jake, which is illegal in AR. He was gobbling his head off and I shot him in full strut at 50 yds. Upon realizing my potential mistake, I checked his beard length against one of my Truth worms that just happened to be in my hoodie pocket. The worm is 5.5" and the beard was around 1/2" longer, putting it close to the 6" minimum legal length. I tagged it on the spot, drove home and called the local warden. He was off and asked me to sent pics of beard, fan and wing feather tips. Upon he review he said I had nothing to worry about and I was good to go.

Still catching a few quality fish up shallow, but sadly I know the pattern is winding down and I'll soon be back out deep dragging brush piles. But as long as they are still biting, imma keep beating the banks! Took a longtime friend Saturday morning who wanted me to school him on The Truth and wanted me to fish with a few of his rods to see which one I liked the best. After settling on one we went to work. A couple hrs later as he was boat flipping a solid 3lber, his rod grenaded.... He was sick..... I felt bad for him, but that is fishing right? Hope ya'll enjoy! btw most everything lately has been caught on a new color, Red Sunfish. It's purty!!!

https://youtu.be/gCJ9_QUdBE4?si=KCDYVL188ChuJVet

big g

Thanks for the report, and great to see your honesty in the report.  Well done!!!!!!!!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Donald Garner

Mark, tks for sharing the trip and the video with us. 

I always enjoy watching your videos.  Congrats on boating that Arkansas Toad there also  ;)    I knew that was a good one when you set the hook and it shot out of those pads there  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard