How did you obtain your sponsor(s)?

Started by River Pro, June 19, 2005, 11:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Pro

I'm currently looking for a sponsor and i'm having a little trouble getting started. I've typed up a pretty good resume but I'm not exactly sure how to find a company that is willing to make an addition to their staff. I thought it would be helpful to hear how you guys obtained your sponsorships. What were your first steps in the process of finding your sponsors?
Eat........Sleep......... FISH!!!

IamWill

Just remember not to send a sponsor a picture of you holding a big bass send them a professional picture..sponsors don't look for how many tournaments you've won or lost they look at how responsible and how good you are at putting there items in other anglers tackle boxes and on local store shelves...a sponsor that is looking for wins is not a sponsor your looking for because not everyone is Kevin vandam or Davey Hite..and those sponsorships are alot of the time short lived(My opinion, Don't judge me 8) )

Mike Cork

Very good points IamWill  :-* I would add that you should check out the Fish For Free manual. It has a lot of great information and gives step by step instruction and ideas on how and where to get started. Check it out on (just click Bass Fishing E-Books)

http://ultimatebass.biz

There are also some great threads on here about getting sponsors check out this set of threads, you can even post your resume and have some of the companies and members look at it and help you church it up a bit  :-*

http://ultimatebass.com/lbf/index.php/board,273.0.html

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Fish On

River Pro all I can say is FishforFree.com
I landed 6 sponsors from that books help! 
Alluringbaits.com        Fish307.com             Protackle.net
Boatboys.com            Furryfishbaits.com    Sunrizetackle.com    cbshawgsauce.com  
Secretweaponlures.com         Pourboyplastics.com