Best Terminal Tackle Box?

Started by Bigbass201, March 25, 2024, 08:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

This is something that has driven me nuts for years.  My hooks, snaps, swivels, etc. all getting mixed up.  I'm curious what is your favorite terminal tackle box?  I'm sure everyone has to have something that has worked for them or doesn't work.  My buddy put me on this Plano that costs a little more, but man did it save me a headache last year of trying to find stuff when I needed it quickly.  Amazon Link to Tray

I did a little review on how I have mine set up and how it compared to what I use to use if you want to see a closer look at it.  Thought someone else on here might be going through the same frustration with regular plastic tray boxes. 
Tray Review Video How I Have Mine Set Up
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

J.W.

It drove me nuts, too. I hated always having my hooks getting mixed up because they'd end up getting shaken into the wrong compartment. I went through several boxes and ended up at the same Plano box you linked. It's the best solution I've found so far. They are a 3700 Thin box, which I love. The thinner boxes save a lot of room in your compartments vs the standard thickness 3700s. I've switched all my hard baits and weights over to the Edge 3700 Thin boxes. I'm right on the cusp of needing a second terminal tackle one, but so far I've managed to make it work with one terminal tackle tray. It's a good box.

Bigbass201

Quote from: J.W. on March 25, 2024, 09:20:07 AMIt drove me nuts, too. I hated always having my hooks getting mixed up because they'd end up getting shaken into the wrong compartment. I went through several boxes and ended up at the same Plano box you linked. It's the best solution I've found so far. They are a 3700 Thin box, which I love. The thinner boxes save a lot of room in your compartments vs the standard thickness 3700s. I've switched all my hard baits and weights over to the Edge 3700 Thin boxes. I'm right on the cusp of needing a second terminal tackle one, but so far I've managed to make it work with one terminal tackle tray. It's a good box.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.  Seems like you came to the same conclusion I did. 

ike8120

KastKing HyperSeal Waterproof Tackle Box, 3600 and 3700 Tackle Trays, Fishing Tackle Box Organizer with Removable Dividers, Lure Box and Terminal Tackle Storage. These are available on Amazon
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Dark3

Ive been using a buzbe modular box with the movable cups inside. It is very nice and works perfectly, but they are heavy and bulky and one box alone isnt going to be enough for alot of different jigheads, weights and hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbass201

Quote from: Dark3 on March 26, 2024, 04:22:35 PMIve been using a buzbe modular box with the movable cups inside. It is very nice and works perfectly, but they are heavy and bulky and one box alone isnt going to be enough for alot of different jigheads, weights and hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard those were nice.  Little more expensive, but everyone I've talked to likes them.

FlatsNBay

I've been using a thin traditional style 3700 box for a couple of years. I don't have any problem yet with hooks or terminal tackle jumping over into the next compartment.

I just tried a new box strictly for my finesse terminal tackle. It's a Gamakatsu G Box terminal box. It is very tiny and doesn't carry much but it easily fits into a pocket or my bag of finesse soft plastics without taking up any room.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gamakatsu_G-Box_318SD_Pocket_Utility_Case/descpage-GP318SD.html?_gl=1*jby4sk*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAjwgsqoBhBNEiwAwe5w01iLWzjhZSAlbaS7V7cwmRr39iVVaBlnL82fuuKk5Qhejyx3xLG_zBoCWPYQAvD_BwE