POLL: What operating system do you use?

Started by BassFishingCommunity, August 31, 2009, 05:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screwballl

I had to choose "other".. I am a computer tech so I use mostly Windows 7 for gaming but with my work I also use XP and Vista, and then almost all my web browsing on my main desktop and laptop is using Mint Linux.
My wife and I had 22 happy years... then we got married.

GermanKnight

xubuntu is my fav. im a linux user. unfortunately for me, i dont have my own pc as it crashed, and the motherboard is now toast.

Im on xp BLECH

Owell, i can manage, atleast im able to post on my forums.
Denali custom rods.

Dug

I personally have 3 lap tops, 1 uses XP 1 uses Vista and the 3rd uses Ubuntu and I like Ubuntu the best.  I may eventually make all three Ubuntu, it's free and after you understand it, it works better than the Windows imho.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

BassManPro

I have a collection of Laptops from the beginning of time... but two that I use regularly, both of which run VISTA ULTIMATE.

Just last month, I gave out 6 Dual Processor Desktop Servers running Windows7Ultimate to family members .

VISTA got a BAD RAP from XP users that thought they could just buy VISTA and upgrade to MINIMUM specs and be satisfied... also some of the NEW Equipment that came out with XP with the promise of an UPGRADE to VISTA was so sub par ( Aged Equipment with memory added to Vista's Minimum, in most cases Memory at MAXED in OLD EQUIPEMENT )... meeting VISTA's MINIMUM requirements there was no processing power or headroom for any chance of VISTA PERFORMANCE... VIOLA customer dissatisfaction with VISTA, when it was really the EQUIPMENT MFG's that moved out their last units limping by on VISTA that were the cause...   ( there is a reason it came with XP with a VISTA Upgrade, it RAN on XP... not so much on VISTA... )  CAVEAT EMPTOR... BUYER BEWARE the EQUIPMENT MFG moving sub-par equipment out the door

I have so much install time invested in my current set-up of software on my VISTA LAPTOPS, that I am going to probably skip Windows7Ultimate on my LAPTOPS...  my wife has two Desktops, one running VISTA ULTIMATE, the other Windows7Ultimate .

I want my NEXT Dockable-Tablet-Laptop running OS-Whatever, maybe ANDROID, to double as my In-Vehicle Navigation, In-Vehicle Wireless Performance Tuner, In-Vehicle Wireless Backup Camera, On-The-Water Wireless Marine-Electronics Display, and Fish-Camp Dockable-Tablet-Laptop to a Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse.

( I only need one HIGH-RES screen in my life, and at night that ONE(1) HIGH-RES screen is not going to be found on my BOAT, or my TOW VEHICLE... as I will be typing into it in either Fish-Camp or Home. )

Cheers...

;PEP)  NOW let's go fishin.   ~cf ~gf

cbburke

Been Using Ubutnu for several years ..Did you guys know its free ..and does all the updates for you ?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."