Microsoft Office??

Started by Bassinkorea, October 04, 2010, 08:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

I have just installed Windows 7 on my laptop, but now I don't have Microsoft Office on my laptop anymore.
Can someone here give me some pointers on the best/easiest way to get Office back on my laptop........legally  lo
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Creel Limit Zero

Do you have the product key?  Hopefully you have that, if you do you should be able to get it back.  If you don't, well your options go down from there...   :(

tsmith35

If you don't need Outlook, Access or Publisher, then your best option is to get Office Home & Student 2010. It's about $100 in stores and includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote and can be installed on 3 computers. If you prefer the 2007 version, you can get that instead, but the price is the same.

If your computer came with Office when you bought it, you should be able to contact the manufacturer and get your product key (or it may be in the documentation). Normal story is that you had to reformat or your disk crashed. ;D

Bassinkorea

No product key  :'(
I had XP previously, and the copy of XP and office were not exactly original copies....if you know what I mean. Now I am wanting to stay legit.

Creel Limit Zero

To get your old product key, you will have to resort back to XP, get the product key, and then upgrade back to Window's 7.  That will be a pain, and you can only do it if you have the install of Window's 7 created a Windows.old folder.  If you do not have that folder, you can resort back to XP anyway. 

tsmith35

Quote from: Bassinkorea on October 04, 2010, 09:51:21 AM
I had XP previously, and the copy of XP and office were not exactly original copies....if you know what I mean. Now I am wanting to stay legit.

Time to go pick up a copy of Office 2010 Home & Student and get it over with. You might be able to find someone who wants to split the bill w/ you since the license is good for 3 PCs.

Another possibility is to download Open Office. It's completely free and will give you the same functionality & compatibility as MS Office. Just a thought.

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Bassinkorea on October 04, 2010, 09:51:21 AM

Can you take the copy of XP and office and do a select install? If so that will let you put office back on.  My new computer came with office 7 and office, office had a 30/60 day limited use or so.  Tried the product key from my copy of office but win 7 wouldn't take it, had to un-install the office copy that came with win 7 and reinstalled my copy of office.

Camden

"open office" that tsimth recommend is a nice program. it can also open pretty much any documnet no matter what program created it. we have it on our office computer.

Bassinkorea

I just downloaded Open Office. Pretty cool program.......thanks for link Tsmith  ~c~