Another item to mark off the BassCat check list, FlowRite Battery WateringSystem

Started by Flyswatter, August 26, 2012, 05:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyswatter

For those with wet cell batteries I have been using FlowRite battery watering system on my last three BassCats.   Hooked up all three batteries on one line.  Put the hand pump bulb hose in a gallon of distilled water and in about  1 minute, no spills and all three batteries were filled.  After 8 months of battery use it took almost a 1/2 gallon to fill all three batteries.   :o :o :o

I've had these on three boats now with zero issues.  It's fast clean and no mess....

Elwood

Something I should consider with the heat down here.....constantly adding water to batteries.

What is the cost and have you installed one yourself?
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

bassn1

Great idea Fly. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. No more refilling them the old fashioned way.

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

Flyswatter

Look around and you should be able to get all three for less then $100.  Bass Pro Shops has them.  Worth it to me.  Quick connect the hoses into a gallon of distilled water. 

Elwood,  this is a do it yourself project.  Not hard at all.  Remove Battery caps, put the Florite Setup in the batteries and attach hoses and you are good to go.  Very straight forward.

Bama96

Water in batteries? Mine have no holes? Sealed up. lo Come on man get some sealed AGMs and be done with the water.
2012 Skeeter FX 20 250 Yamaha SHO

Flyswatter