10XD

Started by smbass, February 02, 2013, 02:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facepunch

The pluton is not a cheap reel. It retails for like 450 but I've found them as low as 369 online. The lexa is a reasonably priced reel at 200 bucks. I bought mine pre owned NIB for 160.

That Phenix swimbait rod is a 250 dollar rod, but they have the M1 series rod for 199. Another rod that might be of interest is the iRod Genesis 2. They are fairly inexpensive and all the guys that I know who are throwing them love them.

I know a lot of people throwing the xd10 on swimbait setups and they are having great results. The downside to a SB rig is that they are a little heavier than your everyday utility rig, but it is a specialized technique so you kind of have to pay to play.

If you have somewhere that you can hold one, go check a skeet Reese A-rig rod. It has a lot of backbone and won't tire you out holding it. I've got the 8' flipping stick and it works great but it is a little stiff.

Pacific NW Ron

Hey Facepunch, if those prices you mentioned for the pluton and lexa are what others are selling them for, then some of you might be shopping at the wrong places.  I have the lexa for 159 and the pluton for 427.  Keep me in mind when you need new gear.  I do think that maybe the pluton is a little over priced, but it is a great dependable reel.
Ron  360-757-8171
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Facepunch

That's great! Definitely The cheapest that I've seen the lexa300. Both are awesome reels at each end of the spectrum. I can guarantee you that you will never fish a reel that has the power and smoothness of the pluton combined in the same package. It is nothing short of amazing.

Thank you for dropping in an letting everyone know where to go for reels :).