Going Out Tommorrow Morning Bass Fishing Report

Started by bassdaddyo, February 09, 2006, 10:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassdaddyo

headed out to a shore spot on the Lower james tommorrow in search of bass and crappie. the weather looks to hit a high and be the last day before it snaps cold so hopefully the fish will think it's time to feed and get back to the depths before the cold precip falls down on Saturday. Tight lines and happy hooks!
shore fishin's better than no fishin.

Creel Limit Zero

~c~  Good luck bassdaddyo.  Let us know how it goes.   :-*

bassdaddyo

Well here's the quick version: COLD...

Here are the varieties of emotions felt today in the COLD >:( :( :-\ :shocking: ~xyz ^-^
:'(

We had no real sun till after noon.
The tide was out when we came out this morning. The best parts were:
-found a new lake with benches and pier and lots of structure spead throughout.We lost a spinner lure on a stump there.
- seeing the layout of the tidal areas since we fished a spot on the way out that had been dry earlier. That one was the most consternating b/c there were crappie  or white bass (silver looking fellows) jumping out of the water to chase something or other and according to my extremities and the local forecast it was a shade over 40 degrees out. WTH????????
Tried 2 inch hook tail grub, slow retreive minnow, marabou crappie jig all with no bites. It's days like these i wonder if being a career musician is better than a career angler.

Lipripper

bassdaddyo sorry ya'll had such a bad day  :'( :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Creel Limit Zero

We all have days like that bassdaddyo.  There's always next time.   ;)

bassdaddyo

At least I got to spend a few hours with my kids, learn so more about my location and it was free. The 75 cent spinner can be replaced. I stillenjoyed practicing my cast and trying different retreives. I'm eager for spring and warm weather. looks like next week will be good for getting out again!

bassdaddyo

It's supposed to be warmish the next 2 days and I'm excited to get back out on the shore and get the hooks wet!
I'm scheduling the trip during the solunar time slot on my Feb calendar and hoping between that and some warmer h2o temps I can reel in a few fish.  Just bought my soon to be 3 yr old her first rod for her birthday this weekend and am looking forward to spending some great time together during this spring and fall.
here's to a fun time and at least it'll be warmer than the last ~c~ ~c~

Creel Limit Zero

~c~ ~c~  All right Bassdaddyo.  There's nothing like the expression on a kid pulling in a fish.   ;D

paxpress

bassdaddyo

success!!!
We caught 2 smallies in the river today at a new location. i'll post pictures and links to them shortly.
The pics are uploaded on the "where's your bass?" page.

Creel Limit Zero

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet