Okinawa Fishing Info.

Started by BenFishing, April 22, 2013, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenFishing

If you have any questions about largemouth bass, and/or peacock bass fishing in Okinawa, Japan, feel free to send me a message.  There was very little information when I got there, and it took years of asking and research to get real answers.  I do not have all the answers, but I can point you to some bass.
Yes, that is a gator in my profile picture, but I was trying to catch a bass, so it counts!
One 3ft long, 10 pound "Largemouth" for me.

metaljosh

hey was just wondering if i could get that fishing info. I've been on Okinawa about a month now and just got a kayak...gearing up to do some exploring would really appreciate some direction. thanks! ~gf

dabeast1775

Hey Benfishing! I just got on island and am looking to get into some fish. If you could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

BenFishing

Just to let everyone know, I do keep up with this, and I have responded to everyone that has asked for info...though, somtimes it takes a week or two.
Yes, that is a gator in my profile picture, but I was trying to catch a bass, so it counts!

Bassinkorea

BenFishing, thanks for helping our members with this info. If I ever make it there I will let you know.

+ Bassitude for you  ;D
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

BenFishing

Quote from: Bassinkorea on September 21, 2013, 02:35:19 AM
BenFishing, thanks for helping our members with this info. If I ever make it there I will let you know.

+ Bassitude for you  ;D

No problem.  It took a lot of research, and driving around to find the fish, and make sure I wasn't going to get arrested for fishing those spots.
There is one lake in Okinawa, that if they opened it to fishing, it would be world renowned!  I have seen schools of bass, in the 10-15 pound, range just cruising.  They open it twice a year for fishing, to try and control the bass population, but they do not advertise this, and the dates change every year.  I hit in one year, and didn't catch a bass smaller than 6 pounds. 
Warmer temps, and a never ending supply of tilapia to eat, and these bass get big, fast.  There is even one river that has peacock bass, though they are few and far between.

bass379

Hi BenFishing,

Just found your post about Okinawa.  I am here now and haven't been able to find anything on bass fishing here.  I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide to shine the light towards a tight line.  Thanks in advance.

Bass379

cooglerj

Benfishing,
I would love some info on bass fishing out on the island. Im at a loss on what to do with so much saltwater lol. If you could please give me some info on some freshwater here that holds bass i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

metaljosh

Hey just a little update been driving around all over the island trying to find bass. Found a few small ones I attached a couple pictures of two "monster bass" jk better then nothing though. If anybody has current info or knows how we can get on some fishing in the MUNS duck pond please share. Pm me if interested in meeting up to find fish.

P.s. thanks for pointing me in the right direction @BenFishing

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

BenFishing

Quote from: metaljosh on January 03, 2014, 07:16:45 AM
Hey just a little update been driving around all over the island trying to find bass. Found a few small ones I attached a couple pictures of two "monster bass" jk better then nothing though. If anybody has current info or knows how we can get on some fishing in the MUNS duck pond please share. Pm me if interested in meeting up to find fish.

P.s. thanks for pointing me in the right direction @BenFishing

Nice to see proof of people still catching some bass out there.  Hope you find some bigger ones out there! 

BenFishing

Hey people, I'm still checking this, though only about once a month or so.  That's why sending me a Message is a much better route to getting a quicker response.

I would post the info here, but often times translating the Japanese laws is tough, and some of them do change fairly frequently, so the exact rules aren't always easy to find.  I don't post publicly because I don't want the sites to be looked at by any prying eyes since, occasionally, the Japanese have changed laws just to keep foreigners out of areas.

nate.gaccione

Ben Fishin,
where is this lake that your talking about 10-15 lb bass?

BenFishing

Nate,
I send specifics by PM.  Check your messages.
Good luck in Okinawa!

Trypetesmeats

BenFishing

Scott.nolan

I'm about to leave for oki in a few months and was wondering if you could give me any advice on bass fishing over there. Thanks, scott.

Buckshot00

Thanks in advance!

BenFishing

Scott and Buckshot, messages have been sent.  Good luck, guys!

Lededi999

I just found this site I've been trying to find some places for bass on island for a while. If you have any info I would really appreciate the help.

BenFishing

Quote from: Lededi999 on January 03, 2015, 11:36:48 AM
I just found this site I've been trying to find some places for bass on island for a while. If you have any info I would really appreciate the help.

Email sent.  Good luck!  If you can, let me know how these spots are, or if they still exist, please?  That way I can make sure I'm still giving good advice.

dheath2

Found this recently, been on island for a few months and I'm looking forward to getting on some bass! Thanks in advance!

BenFishing

Quote from: dheath2 on January 11, 2015, 06:38:19 AM
Found this recently, been on island for a few months and I'm looking forward to getting on some bass! Thanks in advance!

Message sent, man.  Sorry it took a while.  Good luck!
Ben

fishingnewb

Benfishing,

I'd appreciate any advice you'd be willing to share re where to go in Okinawa. 

BenFishing

Quote from: fishingnewb on January 24, 2015, 03:16:59 AM
Benfishing,

I'd appreciate any advice you'd be willing to share re where to go in Okinawa.

Fishingnewb,

Info has been sent in a personal message!  Good luck out there!

Ben

cibola4

I have been on Okinawa for 2 years, and have a had some luck fishing off-shore/shore/and in the creeks and channels. I would really like to be able to fish in freshwater though...losing gear kills.
Fishing Okinawa = Hundreds of Dollars in gear eaten by the ocean. Still going strong!