2014 UBCS

Started by Jared LeBlue, May 21, 2013, 12:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassBUFF

Quote from: Bigwrench on May 30, 2013, 03:42:23 PM
OMG. Lmao. Now I'm skeered to go !

I was the first time too! lo Now I can't wait to go back and see what the heck happens next! ~roflmao

Smallie_Stalker

I can hear the soundtrack to "Deliverance" playing in the background - Who's bringing the popcorn?  lo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bigwrench

Lol that's one heck of a bluegrass tune for sure , the movie .... Well I dunno about that lol     I think me and Schlich would have more fun with the UB crew than we would at the classic. Just ain't sure about hauling the boat 1700 miles round trip :).
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Bigwrench on May 30, 2013, 07:35:20 PM
Lol that's one heck of a bluegrass tune for sure , the movie .... Well I dunno about that lol     I think me and Schlich would have more fun with the UB crew than we would at the classic. Just ain't sure about hauling the boat 1700 miles round trip :).

I think you would have more fun with the UB guys too. You'd have to learn to speak a new language though with some of those Louisiana boys around  lo 
I don't know how the pros do it haulin' their boats so many miles across the country every year. I suppose if I was retired and my wife wasn't so sick that I could probably hook a boat to some kind of traveling house and just fish all of the lakes that I have always wanted to. Oh well, at least I can dream big  :)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

JMGullo

Quote from: Bigwrench on May 30, 2013, 07:35:20 PM

Your a mechanic. You should be able to make it. You have time to get everything in order. Overall the UBCS is pretty cheap once you get here and out out of state fishing license is cheap too. The UBCS is a blast and its the one thing I'm always looking forward too every year.

Fishingfun86

Quote from: JMGullo on May 30, 2013, 08:10:53 PM
Your a mechanic. You should be able to make it. You have time to get everything in order. Overall the UBCS is pretty cheap once you get here and out out of state fishing license is cheap too. The UBCS is a blast and its the one thing I'm always looking forward too every year.

After last year I will not be missing any of the UBCS from here on out.
-There is a reason its called fishing and not Catching!
-"The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook"
-Current Sponsors: www.crossedindustries.com

-Shawn-

Hey we might actually make this one!!!

BassBUFF

sillybass

Since I'm not going to be able to make the Falcon trip this year, I plan on coming to this one .

Jared LeBlue

Ardent Prostaff

David O

How does all this work exactly, does my bass club have to be affiliated with UB to get in on this? Any info would be appreciated.

Jared LeBlue

David, you can fish the tournament as a member of UB. You would fish as an orphan and be assigned to a club if your club does not wish to participate, however if your club wants to fish " as a club in the tournament" then all you need to do is have them set up a club board on the site which is free.
Ardent Prostaff

Bass_Fanatic

I plan on making it for that Saturday, but I work at a church, so cant fish Sunday.  IF we orphans can conjure up enough of us, could we make a 3rd team...TEAM ORPHANS!! Or yall scared of gettin beat down by some strangers... :surrender:

Jared LeBlue

Never thought about an orphan team but really and truely if its not a club then its kind of hard to decide who wouldvget the club trophy. On the other hand we never really thought of just letting orphans fish just as teams. On the team side of the tournament everyone is fishing against everyone for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team honors. We normally assign orphans to a club because there are usually just one or two and we put them on the club with less members at the tournament to kind of even up the plying field on the club side.
Ardent Prostaff

Bass_Fanatic

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on July 16, 2013, 08:32:52 PM
Never thought about an orphan team but really and truely if its not a club then its kind of hard to decide who wouldvget the club trophy. On the other hand we never really thought of just letting orphans fish just as teams. On the team side of the tournament everyone is fishing against everyone for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team honors. We normally assign orphans to a club because there are usually just one or two and we put them on the club with less members at the tournament to kind of even up the plying field on the club side.
As far as the trophy goes, put team orphan on it and you can keep it...that way you can be reminded everyday that yall got beat by a bunch of nobodies ~roflmao.  Nah, I really dont care either way, just throwing the idea out there.  I do want to come that Saturday though.

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Bass_Fanatic on July 16, 2013, 09:31:45 PM
As far as the trophy goes, put team orphan on it and you can keep it...that way you can be reminded everyday that yall got beat by a bunch of nobodies ~roflmao.  Nah, I really dont care either way, just throwing the idea out there.  I do want to come that Saturday though.

A little smack talk from an orphan. Bring it on brother you are more than welcome.
Ardent Prostaff

-Shawn-

Would be awful hard for a team to win if your not fishing Sunday.  On the bend your looking at missing 30-40 lbs team weight on Sunday

David O

How many teams are allowed to participate from a club? Is there somewhere I can look at or print out the rules to show at my next club meeting?

-Shawn-

No restriction on numbers of teams........  you just weigh in your 10 biggest fish for the team weight each day. 

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: David O on July 21, 2013, 08:18:36 PM
How many teams are allowed to participate from a club? Is there somewhere I can look at or print out the rules to show at my next club meeting?

Look under the Ultimate Bass Club Shootout page and the rules from the past years are there along with all the history.
Ardent Prostaff

Bass_Fanatic

Quote from: -Shawn- on July 21, 2013, 08:37:16 AM
Would be awful hard for a team to win if your not fishing Sunday.  On the bend your looking at missing 30-40 lbs team weight on Sunday
Just means I need 80lbs on Saturday... ~shade

-Shawn-

We just Booked a Room From the 8th-14th..........   Ready to be back on the Bend!!!

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: -Shawn- on July 26, 2013, 10:19:08 AM
We just Booked a Room From the 8th-14th..........   Ready to be back on the Bend!!!

Good deal. ~c~
Ardent Prostaff

Russ199A

That sounds good Shawn. I think I'll be in the states at that time so Michelle and I are looking forward to attending again.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

Russ199A

I may have spoke to soon. That week we are having our big look on base. I'll have to wait till it gets closer but it doesn't look good for that weekend.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!