What a day

Started by Rhixso, July 02, 2013, 03:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhixso

The weather in the west has been scorching, but near the coast where I live it's been super muggy and cloudy. For me a hot summer storm is the day I always know the bass will be on a serious chew and was I right. I started throwing my favorite, a chartreuse Booyah Pond Magic spinnerbait and within five minutes hauled up a dink and I was happy just to have one on. A few casts more and I get a swirl, a bang and a miss. Several more casts at the same spot at BAM! one hits my lure and literally snaps it clean off.
So now I'm disgusted with myself for not retying after the first catch and head back to my car to grab another rig. I hadn't thrown my Rapala J9 in a very long time, but with all of the submergent weeds and seeing a few bass chase bugs on the surface I figured I'd give it a toss. I went back to the spot I had lost the lure hoping I might entice the lure thief into taking another bite and maybe retrieve my lure.
No luck on the lure but withing about three minutes pulled out a six pounder and a 4.5. For this pond these are giants and I couldn't have been happier.
So dust off those old lures and try em out. Hopefully you'll be as lucky as I was.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]