Top Water Rod

Started by Polaris425, September 12, 2013, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris425

I looked through a couple pages and didnt see a thread like this, so please forgive me if I over looked it.

What do ya'll like for top water (Pop-R, Spook, "woops"y Dawg, etc...)

I have 2 Medium rods one is a true medium w/ a nice soft tip, and it's fairly soft down the rod. The other is also a medium but it's a little stiffer through the middle of the rod. Still has a fairly soft tip but it's stronger in the last 3/4 of the rod than the other Medium.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Mike Cork

I haven't see a topic like this in a while, probably best you started a new one....

Sounds like you have to great topwater rods. The more limber one I'd use for popers and lighter applications and the stiffer one will give you the backbone needed to cast spooks and other heavy walkers.

To me you've already go this one covered well ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lee Smith

Yep, I agree with Mike!  You have to have the back bone on the walking baits cause you can cast them suckers a mile!!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Polaris425

Awesome. Nice to hear I was doing something right! haha...

And ya'll are right, that "woops"y dawg on the 7' M w/ Micro Eyes (the stiffer one) you can lob that thing and it will fly forever.

I really love micro eye rods I've compared them to my regular eye rods and I can cast so much farther w/ them.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.