If you only could have one

Started by GotstaFish, February 20, 2006, 10:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GotstaFish

Cabin Fever sett'in in. Must go fishing.  ~bu

Richard Cooper

sorry i couldnt vote on your post, but if i could have only one rod it would definately be a kistler.
Richard Cooper

Kistler Rods, Albackore Tackle Storage, Kidlizard Bait Company, Tripple Fish Lines

Pferox

I said other.

I would have a Penn, with either a Penn inshore rod, or a Penn Surf Rod, and about 30 or 40 lb test braid.

This is an Island here, you are talkin about my kind of fishin.  ;)

OH yea, can I have a Cast Net wash up on shore with me.....I need it to catch the bait.  ;D
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

coyotek

I am partial to Kistler and Castaway rods myself.   As far as reels are concerned I am the verdict is still out.  Lean more towards shimano than anything. :)

chunter_ksu

One and only one brand would be shimano.  I like the crucials and IMO shimano reels are the only way to go.

cmegee

Me I'm a Quantum man..... I just like they way they feel and work....

Creel Limit Zero

I like the BPS extreme combos.  Quality and price built in. 

dawsonb

I voted other I want a flyrod with a Ross reel. An Avet wouldn't be bad either.
Thanks and have a great day!

WishinFishin

On a deserted isle?............Shimano spinning outfit for survival :surrender:
Don't let your rod gather dust!

OHRiverRat

Hopefully my island is in fresh water. I think I'll take the Pfluger on the quantum rod for this one.
Optimum Baits Pro Staff     http//www.optimumbaits.com

topcat

I voted for the Daiwa...........because I am a Daiwa man.......

Topcat

BIG PAPA

For survival purposes I would want   a curado and an old fiberglass rod, would be more durable than todays graphite rods.
papa

WishinFishin

Quote from: papa on February 21, 2006, 11:15:39 PM
For survival purposes I would want   a curado and an old fiberglass rod, would be more durable than todays graphite rods.
papa

Would that be the good ole days Papa? lo
Serious though I still a fibergass rod from my childhood, they do last a long time ~sun

cmegee

I've still got a couple old Fiberglass rods that I use for crankin'

that still the best rods for give and flexability in my opinion.

bassdaddyo

I had a shakespeare until about 230 today when it broke in half while trying to retrieve a frenzy crankbait that was stuck in a piece of lumber (sunken railcar). it was a freakin 7 ft rod and it snapped  ~xyz ~xyz ~xyz ~xyzabout 6 inches above the two piece seating area and splintered across my knuckles ^-^ ^-^. I'm only 5ft 7 so I know my massive size had little to do with this 3 month old rod breaking in half. really, is this common? I have to say my next rod will be fiberglass or maybe a cheapie Zebco. I won't feel bad about breaking that and AFA the fiberglass goes I doubt I could...
shore fishin's better than no fishin.

WishinFishin

Try the Shakespeare Ugly Stix for around $30 dollars warranty 70 day &
7 year limited warranty.
Also Cabela's sells one called a Whuppin Stick for $20, advertised as "Want stronger? buy a crane"
Good luck hope this helps find one suited to your needs ~bb

Pferox

I have yet to break an ugly stick, or a whuppin stick, and with 30lb line on em, I have pulled in some big logs.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

bassdaddyo

Thanx for the info I'll look into them gents. ~read

imp81318

This depends... How big is the island? Are there rivers/streams and lakes/ponds? Will I intend to live primarily off fish from the streams/lakes (if there are any), or from fish I catch from the surf??

I don't really have an answer, just being difficult.

GotstaFish

Don't over anylize it now lol.  :-\

Keithscatch

Should read what Reel would you want. I would say a Shimano.

Rods, not really sure. i like several. Falcon, Cast Away, All Star even the BPS Extreme rods are nice.
..¸. ><((((º>
...´¯`..¸.><((((º>
.¸.´¯`...¸.><((((º>

earthworm77

Kistler Heliums are the only rods for me!
Micro Munch Tackle

I am my own man.

bassdaddyo

i settled on a Quantam rod and plan on spending next month's lesson earnings on an Ugly stick.

hesjustbassin

Reel would be the chronarch  mg
Rod would be a Rich Forhan custom revolver rod with a Graphite USA DHX704 blank split grip cork and recoil guides.  ~c~
It is without a doubt the best combo that I own. ~bb
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

AB

I'd hafta say a Shimano Calais 200-5 on a G Loomis GL2 fast action rod....My mainstay rod and reel combo now.  Lightweight, casts a dang mile, and sensative enough to feel every little thing on the bottom. ;D

OHbassaholic

Ballistik

2 new Citica 200Ds with the BPS XPS 6'6" rods and love them both. I actually got rid of my Curdo 200BSF cause I like the new Citicas so much.
Fish Now, Work Later !

GotstaFish

Quote from: Ballistik on March 20, 2006, 04:31:52 PM
2 new Citica 200Ds with the BPS XPS 6'6" rods and love them both. I actually got rid of my Curdo 200BSF cause I like the new Citicas so much.
I too sold a 200BSF to get a new Curado7:1. Also have 2 new Citicas and they are nice too.

Kal-Kevin

my reel would be a spinning reel from Mitchell.