Cabelas vs. Bass Pro

Started by Bassthumb, October 11, 2005, 10:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassthumb

It was announced last week that Omaha (Lavista) will be hosting a new Cabelas, while the new BPS opens in Council Bluffs next month.  I may be mistaken, but I do not believe there is another city in the USA that will host both major outdoor retailers. 

With BPS prices slightly better than Cabelas on most items, I foresee a price war in the sporting goods in the near future.  The outdoor sportsmen in Omaha may truly end up having their cake and eating too.

I'd love to hear what the outside world thinks of this [horrible] predicament...LoL!

BT
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

left_turn56

Denver will soon have both...cant wait!!!!

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

Warpath

I have actually heard rumors of Cabela's coming to Cincinnati as well.  I could care less since I'm double-dipped BPS.

Unless, there is a complete price war...I like the selection at BPS much better than Cabela's.  They always seem to have what I want.

Eric

Bassthumb

Dateline: Omaha, Oct 31, 2005.

BPS opens in 2 days!  Broke in three!  I wonder if there is a room in the Betty Ford Clinic for fishing Rehab...
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

Warpath

They couldn't build a wing large enough for all of us.  My wife would send me there in a minute.  We were going to the grocery store one day (across a four lane highway from BPS), and I drove straight into the BPS lot, parked, and got out of the truck.  When she didn't follow, I knew I had made a mistake, got back in the truck, and drove across the street.  I told her a tractor beam pulled me in, a la the Millenium Falcon to the Death Star.  I think she laughed, but she knew then that I have a serious problem.

Eric

Skipper (ripnlips)

I`ll be there with credit card in hand....normally Id stay away from the crowds of a grand opening but they DO have some really good sales of stuff I do need(ok, want)

Dinstarr

::)
The things that make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Skipper (ripnlips)

Dinstarr

:shocking:

We actually have a BPS a stones throw away now ..hehe..Checked it out yesterday...It will full fill all our needs except one......HOW TO PAY FOR IT ALL.......................... 8)

chadyp

The DFW area has two basspro shops and now two cabelas.  I prefer Cabelas if I am shopping for a rod or reel. There selection of rods and reels is better. I prefer Basspro If I am going for soft plastics or jigs. I have watched Basspro decline in last couple years. They are pushing their brand and not carrying as many others anymore.