7' plus rods in Sabre locker (pics)

Started by Polaris425, December 27, 2013, 01:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris425

Several people have asked about this, so while I was piddling earlier I thought I'd try to take a descriptive picture. This is a 7' rod. I laid the butt about where it would lie in the holder, on top of the box, angled it the same angle as the rods in the box, and took pics of where the tip stops. You can see that there's not much more room left for longer rods. I imagine a 7'2 and maybe even a 7'6 would still fit ok but, I just dont know about putting an 8' rod in there.

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Flyswatter

I easily store my 7"11" KVD Crank rod in my rod locker on the port side in my SabreFTD.  Rod is on floor and rod tubes are removed.

Polaris,  great pic!!!!

Eyra1

Nice pic.  I use the rod socks in my little Eyra and store multiple 7- 7' 11" rods.  When I put newer electronics on the bow and the MK trolling motor I had the front panels off and was shocked at how much loose cable wire the previous owner had just tucked in there.  If I left them uncovered, I would be replacing rod tips at an alarming rate.  The rod on the top deck does provide a good visual of what to expect in our smaller Cats. ~sweat
CastAway Rods ---- SpiderWire---- Lake Fork Tackle