Kayak Fishing Challenges?

Started by analfisherman, January 18, 2014, 09:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

analfisherman

What is your biggest challenge when Kayak fishing?
Is it wind?
Is it getting from spot to spot when on the water?
Is it lack of pole carrying ability?
Maybe it's having rods mounted  behind you in the casting patterns?  :'(
Maybe it's craft control.
Especially when you hook into a biggie.  lo

Maybe it's something else.  lo

PLEASE SHARE YOUR CHALLENGES AND WHAT YOU DID TO MAKE THEM LESS OF A CHALLENGE.

Oh, I fish from a PA-14 that is pretty loaded.
I got wind socks, Squid anchors, Trolleys on both sides, 8 ft ParknPole, Black Box, internal Rod storage, 798ciSI and more.
Thinking about a Power Pole mini but still researching.
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

faygo1979

Biggest issue i have is finding the fish. as i am both new to fishing and paddling it takes me longer to get to places i want to try. and if i have to move that takes a lot more time.  With boat traffic i tend to work around lakes rather than across them.  limited poles have not been a problem as I don't really have that many poles. I carry 3 with me.

analfisherman

faygo, you can look out on almost any BOW(body of water) and see that the VAST MAJORITY of the fishing boats are working the shoreline as opposed to deeper water.
So keep working the shoreline just like you have been.
Try to remember when you catch a fish....what was different about THAT spot.
Try and locate similar water/structure/vegetation or what ever differences you can identify.
I also shore bust/wade alot as well as have owned numerous big buck bass boats.

Yes fish do move deep for different reasons but most still come to the shoreline to EAT.

For me, MOST OF MY JOY comes from the learning curve.
Can't tell you the joy I get from 'figuring it out'.
I even will switch lures/colors/size of lure during a HOT bite just to try and figure out what is causing the bite.
For me (check name) too much information is rarely ENOUGH!  lo

Keep learning because with fishing once you quit learning and stop thinking with an open mind, your catching not fishing. Sometimes your doing niether....pleasure boating maybe more accurate.  ;)

One day the light just turns on....and everything you've done in the past finally makes sense.

Oh and WELCOME to the best addiction known to mankind!  lo
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

RedTop

Biggest challenge?

Wind...I have the trolley....understand anchoring in a spot to fish a spot...I just don't like all the wind moving me around.

Everything else I just deal with as part of fishing....I know wind is part of that equation as well but fishing on my bass boat in a wind is ok. Don't mind it much....yak tho?  Yuk...lol

Light breeze for a ripple...ok....white caps and splashing every where sucks!!!    lo