Ice is primarily gone

Started by Ice Cold Peanuts, March 12, 2014, 09:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Cold Peanuts

2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?

Mike Cork

Great News!!! Hopefully some reports will come in. Let us know if you get out on the water.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bassthumb

Will be out tomorrow (on my lake--down in Cass County).  I have a new console Humminbird that will need tuning; plus, I moved my 797 to the bow and it will need setting up.  May actually get around to casting some jerkbaits before trailering it.

Then, Saturday AM, going to fish a pickle jar T in town at a lake named after a tree. so looking to work the kinks out and just get outside for a few hours...

Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

GEO

Bassthumb, I am new to the area. I live in northeast Colorado. I was told that there is some decent smallmouth fishing on lake Mcconaughy and lake Enders. Any tips?
geo

Bassthumb

Geo, sadly, I have never fished west of Lincoln NE. 
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

coldfront

Quote from: Bassthumb on March 14, 2014, 07:42:25 AM
Geo, sadly, I have never fished west of Lincoln NE.

Snob!   ~roflmao

GEO:  some lakes to look up and consider:
Colorado:  Horsetooth
Kansas:  Wilson, Norton/Prairie Dog
Nebraska:  big Mac, red willow

Just be incredibly focused on the aquatic nuisance species thing.  KS is rife with Zebras and you never know when they'll jump the border and be in CO and/or NE waters. 

Clean, drain and dry!  My new mantra...tattooed just underneath Eat. Sleep. Fish.
;)

GEO

Thanks for the suggestions coldfront. I have read a lot about the invasive species. On the east coast we did not have to worry about these issues. In Maryland we only worried about snakeheads. Although in Louisiana we had to worry about giant Sylvania which has spread to most of the lakes because people did not check their boats before they launched into other lakes. I will look at the lakes you suggested.

Geo
geo

Ice Cold Peanuts

Went to Wehrspann today. Beautiful day for fish.....erman. Not so for fishing. Nothing. Not surprised and not disappointed. Great to be out. 43.8 degrees with 10 inches of visibility. Would have thought it would be clearer but it's still just a flooded pasture. Wind comfortable from the SE switching to the NE and increasing around 1:00 pm. Tried Carolina rig with a white floating worm and a pumpkin fluke. Threw a black jig, a pointer, DD22, tube, texas rig power worm, and a slider head with a robo worm. Water depth was 8 to 17 feet.
Hope someone had some luck and would love to know what they were doing.
2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?