A change of heart

Started by Flyswatter, March 13, 2014, 06:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyswatter

At the end of the day I have decided to keep my SabreFTD.  I may change my mind (don't think so) if or when BassCat's reintroduces a new 18-19' boats.  I just couldn't part from a boat I thoroughly enjoy owning and have horse traded the many upgrades and options.   I had this little voice in my head saying what are you doing and why do you want to sell to someone else to enjoy and start all over again?  I've been guilty of that to many times in the past.  I took a day off work yesterday to grab some solitude and peace on the water to re-evaluate what I was doing.  I just couldn't go through with the sale.  My buyer understood.

My Black Magic SabreFTD is staying in the Garage.  She's a keeper!

West6550

A beautiful, BEAUTIFUL boat by the way.

Wizard

A great looking rig. A new boat won't look any better. When I was running a sponsored boat in tourneys, I had a 95 PII for LOZ. It wasn't the best looking boat. It had a lot of dings and the Hammer had gosh knows how many hours but it flat out handled the rough wter and caught fish. I "refreshed" it over the years and when I sold it, the guy paid for the extras and the boat and motor was free.

Chuck D

Didn't you used to run the big Jag at one point?
Chuck Daymude | Lake Norman, NC
Basscat Puma FTD | 250 Mercury ProXS

GRR884

You got some good memories in that boat.

BassCatBates

Can't blame you one bit Fly.  I would have loved to have made an offer on it but it just wasn't happening right now.  Next may is when I expect to buy an new one so if you change your mind again I might be interested.....
In the mean time "Fish on and FEEL THE RUSH!!!!"
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Flyswatter

Quote from: GRR884 on March 13, 2014, 09:34:39 AM
You got some good memories in that boat.

Everyone,  thank you!  Gary,  you betcha,  plenty more great memories in a BassCat!

Eyra1

So that being said, congrats on your boat!  Lol, also, now you have a rig to bring to the Owner Invitational! ~shade
CastAway Rods ---- SpiderWire---- Lake Fork Tackle

Flyswatter

I'd love to but not in the cards this year.  I do have a SabreCentral reservation at Teal Point the next time the OI is back on Norfork. 

After some Lay lake solitude and looking at all the things I'm am blessed to have on my SabreFTD I gave myself a good gut check lashing.  I'm so fortunate to have such a nice boat with all the upgrades.  Starting over again I just couldn't do it!

Billius46

Your Sabre is a sharp rig for certain Tom. I would be hard pressed to sell if it were mine. But I imagine it won't be in your garage for a long time.  ;)

Donald Garner

Fly,

You got one heck of Great Looking Cat there.  Why would you want to sell her?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Wil Holmes

Don't blame you fly! I was wondering how you were selling such a beautiful boat that had done you good.
Humminbird 859ci HD
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI GPS
1995 BassCat Eyra - 2004 Mercury XR6 150

Flyswatter

Yea,  I'm feeling the SabreFTD mojo...