Jon Boat question

Started by HookedUp, March 15, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedUp

so i just got my first boat its a 2012 tracker jon boat its only 12ft but its good big enuf for me my question is it dont have a live well i want to know can you get a live well installed on one or is it better off just making my own one?

Donald Garner

Get yourself a coleman cooler or one similar and add an aderator kit to it and you got a livewell.  I have a G3 1548 14ft Alweded Jon boat and thats what I did.  I have the aderator wired into my battery in the back of the boat.  My Golden Rule Measuring Device is attached to the lid of the cooler also.  A good thing about this type is you can use it for storage, ice down your food / drinks if you don't want to use it as the livewell. I got mine strapped down with a couple straps to the plywood floor of my boat.  So its easy to remove from the boat if I need too.

You can pick those aderator kits up at Academy, Bass Pro Shop and Cabela's.

Good luck with your new boat.  Take some pics of it as you upgrade it. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bass1cpr

Two way's to go here make your own from a cooler like Donald said or you can buy one made of plastic  from bass pro, or Cabelas they use to sell for about $130.00 . it has straps so you can strap it to the gunnels of your boat.
   I used a 60 quart cooler to build one mounted the pump pickup inside the cooler so it recirculates the water, used PVC tubing and a valve so I can pump it out and have another pump I drop over the side to fill it. It also has an aerator bar mounted in it complete set up and portable. Already had the cooler so I had to buy the pump, PVC tubing, Valve, and spray bar. It didn't cost a $130.00 either.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

HookedUp

eddie234

I had a small Jon boat and made a live well from a cooler, I got a pretty big cooler off eBay fairly cheap. When I moved and no longer had room to store the Jon boat I got a 10 ft bass raider, it obviously don't have room for a live well so I got a fish basket from bass pro. I got the one with the float. http://m.basspro.com/scene7Image/1308/undefined
Using Tapatalk

BOATS

I think the one they were selling at Bass Pro was called the Toho Rig.
2012 XPRESS H18 /  YAMAHA 115
Retired U.S Navy Chief

bass1cpr

Yep that was it the toho rig.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation