Bourbon County

Started by ring fry, March 29, 2014, 04:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ring fry

I keep thinking if I post enough fishing reports that maybe some of the rest of you'uns might post something as well.

Anyway, went out to Bourbon Co. this morning to see if I could catch anything.  Water averaged about 49*, water was pretty clear, and there was one other boat on the lake.  Fished a senko on a fairy wand, a little small square bill, and most of my fish came on a rogue.  Let's just say they were biting.  Although I didn't catch anything of size, I had a ball.  Had 3 or 4 in the 16" range, 8 or 9 about 15" and the rest were smaller.  I had to come back to work by 3:30 so I decided to quit at 50.   Out of the 50, about 35 or so were spots, one smallie, and the rest large mouth.  A few by the launch area, most by the dam or first cove and most of the rest along the east bluff. 

SE Kansas grass grower
GO JAYHAWKS
2008 NCAA Basketball Champions

bluebasser86

I'm assuming you're talking about Bourban State Lake? That's a fun little lake to go to when you just want to catch a ton of fish and don't care if you get any big ones or not. I went one day 2 years ago and caught 101 in 6 hours, but only 1 was a keeper over 18"  lo it was a really nice one though that was a little over 5.5 pounds. The spot to largemouth ratio makes it even more interesting too imo.