Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Some good North Dakota bass from 2013

(Read 1592 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Steve81

• Largemouth
All of these fish are from last year. Been a long winter here and the lakes are just now thawed out.

This first fish is one of my biggest smallies of the year caught out of New Johns Lake, which is part of the GDU canal system. I believe it weighed 4lbs 7oz and I caught at least five more that day that were just like it. Nearly all of them on topwaters! We have a lot of smallie lakes up here but the ones on this lake are extra mean!

This next one is my biggest bass of 2013 and also the biggest bass that I've caught in North Dakota. It weighed 6lbs 4oz and it ate a Berkley Havoc Grass Pig. I mention that because I never had much confidence in the bait. I was just throwing it to kill time while I was making it to the next grass bed. I was actually just there to practice punching. Anyhow, this fish took me completely by surprise when it ate the swimbait. Best of all, I got it on video. If you look up my name on (Steve Basinger) youtube, you should be able to find the video. This fish was caught at McDowell Dam in Bismark.

2007 Triton Tr21X/225 Pro XS
Hijacker JP/25P Tempest
Lowrance electronics

BassBUFF

• LM Community Diplomat
  • '07 LEGEND LE195 w/200 Opti
Nice ones! Congrats on ice out, finally! Looking forward to seeing more reports from you.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
Excellent. Hopefully this year brings about some big ones too. Looking forward to reading about your year up there.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Steve81

• Largemouth
Thanks guys! I'll be sure to put all of my reports here this year.
2007 Triton Tr21X/225 Pro XS
Hijacker JP/25P Tempest
Lowrance electronics

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB