Anyone pour their own plastics?

Started by javelin225ho, March 04, 2006, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pferox

YUP, they go quickly, soon you will be catchin up with Lip.  :roll2:
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

javelin225ho

i dont know about that! LOL....but if they keep me on night shift, i am on track to have over 1000 posts by the end of the month!  unless they block the site....i use a gov't computer......that's what they did to me on ArcheryTalk.....that sucked.

Pferox

Yea they blocked us from everything at work too.
We had to have special dispensation to get into Bass Pro and Cabella's.
But we buy alot of stuff from them because of our type of work, especially snake boots.

We even have access to a couple of on line speed shops, for parts for our airboat which has a 350 chevy small block in it.  ;D
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

topcat

Bass1CPR...would you please send me the links you talked about ....
concerning the plastic......thank you very much.......

Topcat

T1A

You may want to have a discussion with Doc Irv who is a site sponsor and custom makes all of his plastics for the ins and outs of pouring your own plastics

bass1cpr

Pferox you have mail.

It's a little more than just mix and pour but not much. Salt is not a required ingredient just something you can add if you want.

Lure craft and DelMart and both have starter kits. I prefer a heating pad for melting plastic a lot of people use a microwave.
   For personel use I think the hot plate and pouring pans is easier to learn on and creates less waste.

Top Cat send me an e-mail and I'll return it with the links.

My next project is to build a melter from a fry daddy cooker so I can step up production for the stuff I pour.

I've got several custom molds that I have built from scratch. I have some trailers that I pour that no one else has. It has been revamped several times refining it. I'm pretty happy with it now and the people that see them are amazed it's a bait I built in my basement and it's a hand pour.

I have lure craft molds for some finesse worms and zipper style worms plus some Lizards and centipedes.

I don't want to make it a business because it bites into my fishing time too much. But I do take great pride in having folks catch fish on stuff I build.

I've helped build several baits for production molds for a company that I work with.
   There has been discussion about putting the trailers I make into production.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

bass1cpr

There have been several folks on the boards here that are in the hand pour business that were temporary site sponsors. Ghost baits was one of them,Micro Munch,was another and now we have Doc Irv.
   Senko Sam also dabbles in it and is a supplier of Glitter.
I'm sure they'll jump in here and add their input.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Pferox

Thanks Tom, I will definately look into that....we may be pouring real soon.
I just threw out an old fry daddy............dang.  :roll2:

bass1cpr

Now that I have gained a new skill here (learned how to post pictures) I thought I'd put a couple of pic here of the jig trailers I built.
Craw Trailers

Swim Jig trailers

I need more practice to show the colors better but you can see what's possible if you like to play.