High Rock Lake Bass Fishing League 21 Jun 14

Started by Mike Cork, June 24, 2014, 09:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

SALISBURY, N.C. (June 23, 2014) – Todd Harris of Clemmons, N.C., weighed a five-bass limit totaling 19 pounds, 1 ounce Saturday to win the third Walmart Bass Fishing League Piedmont Division tournament of 2014 on High Rock Lake. For his victory, Harris earned $3,679.

"I've been on a pretty strong dock bite for about four weeks," said Harris. So, I started the day flipping and I ended the day flipping.

"I targeted probably 25 specific docks," Harris said. "I only fished those individual docks. I didn't just go down the bank. It was very strategic. I didn't revisit one dock all day.

"I was pretty dialed in to be honest," continued Harris. "I have been dialed in for a few years now. In years past I would try and catch a few fish off of release areas. Today I decided to just fish for the win.

"I was very happy to get the win," finished Harris. "High Rock is my home lake and I've knocked on the door there before in some tournaments, so it was especially nice to win at home."

Harris said that he was flipping a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver and a worm, both of which were black and blue-colored.

Rounding out the top 10 pros were:

2nd:   Terry Trivette, Shoal, N.C., five bass, 18-13, $1,840
            3rd:   Tommy Jones, Salisbury, N.C., five bass, 16-1, $1,225
            4th:    Rob Digh, Denver, N.C., five bass, 15-8, $859
            5th:    Kevin Chandler, New London, N.C., 15-6, $736
            6th:    Frank White, Marion, N.C., five bass, 15-0, $675
            7th:    Travis Williams, Salisbury, N.C., five bass, 14-10, $613
            8th:    Robert Walser, Lexington, N.C., five bass, 14-1, $552 + $300 Evinrude Bonus
            9th:    Paul Reich, Winston-Salem, N.C., five bass, 14-0, $460
            9th:    Keith Roberts, Hurt, Va., five bass, 14-0, $460

Complete results can be found at FLWOutdoors.com.

Robert Barrett of Youngsville, N.C., weighed a five-bass limit totaling 13 pounds, 4 ounces Saturday to win $1,840 in the co-angler division.

Rounding out the top 10 co-anglers were:

2nd:   Triston Waddle, Radford, Va., five bass, 12-5, $920
            3rd:   Doug File, Salisbury, N.C., five bass, 11-15, $612
            4th:    Dale Webber, Kernersville, N.C., four bass, 11-1, $429
            5th:    David Reid, Browns Summit, N.C., four bass, 9-13, $368
            6th:    Tim Royall, Winston-Salem, N.C., three bass, 8-14, $337
            7th:    Alex Hester, Monroe, N.C., two bass, 8-3, $307
            8th:    Nathan Hall, Seagrove, N.C., three bass, 7-15, $276
            9th:    Mark Davis, Bear Creek, N.C., three bass, 7-13, $245
            10th: Tony Mencome, Benson, N.C., three bass, 7-12, $215

The top 40 boaters and 40 co-anglers based on point standings will qualify for the Oct. 2-4 Regional Championship on James River in Richmond, Va. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger Z518C with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard and a Chevy Silverado, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger Z518C with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard.

The BFL is a 24-division circuit devoted to weekend anglers, with 120 tournaments throughout the season, five in each division. The top 40 boaters and co-anglers from each division qualify for a regional tournament and compete to finish in the top six, which then qualifies them for one of the longest-running championships in all of competitive bass fishing – the Walmart BFL All-American presented by Chevy. Top winners in the BFL can move up to the Rayovac FLW Series or even the Walmart FLW Tour.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service