Toledo Bend water levels

Started by Chris, February 16, 2006, 06:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

The lake level is up to 164.75 , thats two foot higher than a month ago. With more rains in the forecast maybe it will be at a decent level for the shootout afterall. Looking forward to it.

Jared LeBlue

Man another 2 foot and it will be great. My main concern was running. When it's as low as it was even the boat lanes are unsafe. Lookin better and better for the shootout.
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Noble

I was really hoping it was TOTALLY dry by the shootout...maybe we could find a road ditch to fish...have about as much luck.  ~xyz
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Jared LeBlue

They are smokin the fish right now at Toledo. Mike you just gonna have to face the fact this is a great lake. ;D
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Noble

Quote from: Rattle on February 16, 2006, 07:40:48 PM
They are smokin the fish right now at Toledo. Mike you just gonna have to face the fact this is a great lake. ;D

I think you need to study your geography.  The "great lakes" are a combination of 5 lakes located in the very northern United States...and sorry to tell you...but Toledo Bend is NOT one of them.  ~roflmao  And I don't like smoked fish...I prefer it fried.  ~roflmao
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Lipripper

Mike your right the Great Lakes are up here by me  ~roflmao ~roflmao an dwhat's wrong with smoked fish  ~shade

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Jared LeBlue

My bad I should have simplified that statement for your simple mind.  lo  They are catching quanity( that means a lot) and quality ( that means big ) fish right now on Toledo Bend, which is located on the Texas/Louisiana Border. You may as well face ( that's come to truths) with the fact that Toledo Bend is an awesome ( very good ) lake.  :roll2:
Ardent Prostaff

Lipripper

Rattle  eye've always heard great things about that lake so why does Mike hate it so much  ;) ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Jared LeBlue

Mike is scared of he unknown. lo No, I don't know why he dislikes it but i do know that many people dislike Toledo Bend. That lake can be awesome but it can also be one of toughest lakes to fish. It is so big and it has so many variations it's just difficult to fish if you don't fish there often. Not to mention if the wind is blowing hard that is one bad lake to be on.
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Noble

Not scared.  I have caught more fish out of Toledo Bend than I can remember.  But I just don't like it.

And I can promise you...if the wind is TOO bad, then the Legend will be sitting on the trailer.  Not taking any chances.
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Chris

Quote from: Rattle on February 16, 2006, 07:54:19 PM
My bad I should have simplified that statement for your simple mind.  lo  They are catching quanity( that means a lot) and quality ( that means big ) fish right now on Toledo Bend, which is located on the Texas/Louisiana Border. You may as well face ( that's come to truths) with the fact that Toledo Bend is an awesome ( very good ) lake.  :roll2:

Well ,I have to agree with the enemy.  AWESOME LAKE. Cant wait to take on some of those big waves in 80 feet of water.... NOT  :o.... I am ready to see some good sacks weighed in though. Should be a bit stronger than GB in June.

Jared LeBlue

I have to tell you I was impressed with Grand Bayou. For the number and size fish brought to the scales during that hot weather it was impressive. Now I do believe that there will be more and bigger fish for this one but the time of year will have a lot to do with that. The only thing that will keep the weights down will be the wind. If your boys aint use to big waves it could be ugly. I hoping the weather will cooperate because I really want everyone to have a good time.
Ardent Prostaff

Chris

Update..........lake continues to rise. AS OF 6:30 THIS MORNING IT IS 165.35

Mike Noble

Maybe I need to call and get them to start pumping water again at the damn.  ~xyz
Life is a B........each!

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Chris

As of 6:30 am water level was 166.01, the south end is clear ...at the Park boat ramp it looked like ocean blue with all the sand down there.

Jared LeBlue

Chris the South end of the lake is almost always clear. That is where everyone goes scupa diving when they go to Toledo Bend. They caught some good rain up there this past week and they may catch somemore this week. I doubt that the lake will get to 167 by the UBCS but 166 is still a whole lot better than it was a month ago. Stay in the boat lanes and hug them bouyes.
Ardent Prostaff