04 zx250

Started by fxdwgkd, August 26, 2014, 08:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fxdwgkd

I am looking at a zx250 with a yamaha 250.
Boat is a couple hr drive from me.
Are there any specific details I should look for on that model/year boat and engine.

fxdwgkd

Went and looked at it today. Think I am gonna pull the trigger. It has a couple small things that need attention. I am going to re-wire the trailer because it is full of scotch-locks. Boat needs a bath and carpets cleaned a bit.  Going back to look at it again before I finalize my decision but it is looking like I will be upgrading in a big way. 

longdraw

Life is a game of ounces.

fxdwgkd

Have not gotten the boat yet. Was slotted to pick it up on the sixth of Sept but it did not work out as the eng was overheating. Dealer has gotten eng temp issue taken care of now I have set up time on the 20th to sign paperwork if all is good.  So right now I have to stare at an empty spott in the garage and all my tackle boxes across the workbench. Deffinately getting anxious!

Dark3

Not to freak you out, but personally I would be concerned when buying anything with an engine especially that expensive that I know for a fact has overheated. Thats about the worst thing that can happen to a motor that can effect its longevity

cwhite

My water pump went out in a tournament and over heated the motor for a very short time and I fixeg the water pump, no more issues so next tournament it went good for the first half of the day then I had a hole in the crank case from the weaked metal just a heads up

fxdwgkd

Quote from: longdraw on September 12, 2014, 10:53:29 PM
Pics!   ~c~

I can not figure out how to post a picture.

Picked the boat up and was finally able to get it on the water.  Have been working on it a little here and there.  Got my FF mounted in the front and still have not decided on a console unit yet.  Got trailer plug re-wired.  Went out last Friday with my cousin, while I was getting fish finder set up and dialed in he started catching crappie.  We managed to limit out on crappie even though I had intended on bass fishing.   Boat runs strong and was amazed at how stable the boat is compared to what I had.