The time grows near ......

Started by Pferox, December 09, 2014, 09:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pferox

Since Ike hit Galveston, the Galveston Fishing Pier (my go to place to fish on the island) has been rebuilding from total devastation in increments.  The last part of this multi-million dollar project was connecting the T head which survived the hurricane, to the main pier which involved in building quite a few feet of pier, also.

Work on it started earlier this year but had to be stopped because the contractor didn't get all the proper permits from some regulator, and there it sat.  Jimmy, the owner of the pier would always promise publicly that it would be finished soon.  I haven't heard much recently on the subject, except that they were planning a "by invitation only" grand reopening, but don't remember seeing a date.

Well, I opened their web site to check the surf conditions, and what do I see?  A pier building barge!  Maybe I'll be able to fish deep water for various species soon.  But then again that is a long way from the bathroom.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

back2fishing

GFP sent me an email that annual pass holders will get to fish the T-head before it opens to the general public.  But they didn't give me a date when it will open. 

We need to get our annual passes and get busy fishing.