What's your plan for opener?

Started by baileyjs, April 16, 2015, 11:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyjs

With the opener pushed forward 2 weeks what's your thoughts on where the bass with be?  What will you tie on first??  I picked up some NuTech jigs this spring but not sure if that's the best option.

CraigP83

Jigs are ALWAYS a good option. I'll most likely be scouting some water on the river in Wabasha that weekend, and I'll probably be throwing a spinnerbait quite a bit  ~shhh

earldogg

I will be pitching a 1/2oz jig with a RI smallie beaver tight to the bank, and yes, I will be at the Swamp! It is my destiny to catch a 7lb+ here, just a matter of time.

RumRiverRat

Practicing with Craig for a Club tourney...hint hint hint
Or helping a buddy Pratice for his club tourney on Mille Lacs.

Otherwise fishing Lake X with a Zoom Lizard on a Mojo Rig.

earldogg

5 more days, 5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

earldogg

22 hours till BANG BANG! Good luck everybody.

baileyjs

anyone know water temps in the metro? Will they be sneaking up into the shallows yet or will they still be out a bit?   I'm new to this actually trying to figure out where they are and not just chuckin' bait!  I don't know how you guys that have been fishing for years can handle the "wait" every year!!!  :surrender:

earldogg

Will they be shallow or out a bit, not sure, it will be the first day, and that can change from lake to lake. I can say this, I plan on being so shallow my jig will hit dirt before it hits water, lol,. Gl

CraigP83

How did everyone do. Saturday looked amazing weatherwise. I spent it building a fence all day.  :'(

Last I heard water temps were in the 60s and fish were definitely shallow, that is where I would have started

earldogg

Started fishing at swamp around 5:45am, water temp was 60°-63 when left at 2:00. Water was around 2' low, and it was crowded, never seen so many boats out there.  It was a grind, most people I ran into were nowhere near a limit and fishing shallow. I caught 7 keepers shallow, but I caught my bigger fish deep, 8-10', with a tube, including my biggest of the day, 4lb 10ozer. Didn't exactly load the boat with giants, but had a good day.

RumRiverRat

Spent the day on Mille Lacs.
Best 5 Smallmouth went 24lbs 5ozs.
Biggest 3 were 5lb 13oz, 5lb 8oz and a 5lb 2oz.

Lost a giant that ate a Gancraft Jointed Claw 178, a 7inch hard body swimbait.

Had a upper 40s maybe low 50s inch musky follow another swimbait.

Smallmouth were gorging on crawdads, almost every fish spit them up at the boat.

earldogg

Quote from: RumRiverRat on May 12, 2015, 05:29:35 PM
Spent the day on Mille Lacs.
Best 5 Smallmouth went 24lbs 5ozs.
Biggest 3 were 5lb 13oz, 5lb 8oz and a 5lb 2oz.

Lost a giant that ate a Gancraft Jointed Claw 178, a 7inch hard body swimbait.

Had a upper 40s maybe low 50s inch musky follow another swimbait.

Smallmouth were gorging on crawdads, almost every fish spit them up at the boat.
Awesome, that lake has turned into a giant smallie factory, my buddy was up there for opener also and said he saw 100 smallie's between 4-6lbs. I got to get up there this year.