4/30/15 Amelia Park Miami

Started by SFL BassHunter, April 30, 2015, 08:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

The sky was mostly cloudy around 5pm, the water levels at the lake were higher than I've seen them due to the rains. The water was clearer than ever. When I got there I instantly caught a small fish as soon as my worm hit the water. After the second fish I realized it was going to the the pattern so I fished quick and covered more water than I normally do. They wanted it on the initial drop. I ended up catching 5 like that and missed a bite or two. As the time passed I noticed that they were no longer hitting it on the drop but instead now it was on the retrieve. I began swimming the worm and ended up catching two more before I called it quits. They were all 10 inches or smaller but at least I didn't get skunked.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Pferox

Thanks for the great report, Rick.

Even though they were small I bet they were fun to catch.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Pferox on April 30, 2015, 09:40:28 PM
Thanks for the great report, Rick.

Even though they were small I bet they were fun to catch.

They always are.

It's funny an older gentlemen walked past me as I caught one and he says, "that's the biggest fish I've seen come out of the lake." I chuckled and said "yeah they aren't very big here."

Another guy on a bike stopped to ask me if there were decent size fish in the lake, then asked me if fly fishing would work. I was like, "I've never fly fished, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you."
I didn't want to keep this conversation going to long. The dude was wearing a full on bike riding spandex outfit.
I do have to ask, I know it makes you more aerodynamic, but does it make that much of a difference to wear a spandex suit that shows your twig and berries? I mean for  ^-^ sakes, put on some real clothes, I don't need to see twigs and berries all over the place. lol.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Pferox

A lot of girls like the twigs and berries, that is why guys wear them.

Actually I shouldn't say this but I got a couple of pair of pants that are kind of spandex and shows my fat rolls.  ~roflmao  Some kind of workout soccer pants. I wear them in the privacy of my house, as PJs so don't fret.  They are actually pretty comfortable.  When my wife got them I asked her if I was going to get arrested if I wear them walking the dog, she replied by saying that I should wear a real long T-shirt.  ~roflmao

On another note.  Great fish is all relative, the size that makes a trophy crappie, would be a dink of all ages for a bass fisherman.  So, take the location in account and revel in the great catches of the location.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Pferox on May 01, 2015, 08:38:18 AM
A lot of girls like the twigs and berries, that is why guys wear them.

Actually I shouldn't say this but I got a couple of pair of pants that are kind of spandex and shows my fat rolls.  ~roflmao  Some kind of workout soccer pants. I wear them in the privacy of my house, as PJs so don't fret.  They are actually pretty comfortable.  When my wife got them I asked her if I was going to get arrested if I wear them walking the dog, she replied by saying that I should wear a real long T-shirt.  ~roflmao

On another note.  Great fish is all relative, the size that makes a trophy crappie, would be a dink of all ages for a bass fisherman.  So, take the location in account and revel in the great catches of the location.

Thanks for the visual Pferox. LOL.

Florida Bass Fishing