Lake Norman Bass Fishing Report 5/3/15

Started by Bigwrench, May 04, 2015, 10:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigwrench

Had the opportunity to go Bass Fishing on a section of Lake Norman that has little to no public access with 2 Ultimate Bass members,  Jim (Princeton_Man) and Rudy (BassmanRudy) . This was my second Bass Fishing trip to Lake Norman and I was stoked to get on some Lake Norman Spot action again.
   My day started at 2:45, met Jim at 5am in Wytheville, Va and headed South so I hope I haven't forgotten anything. We reached our meeting location and launched at around 7:30am with Rudy as our Local Guide/expert and he didn't disappoint !
Clear skies with little to no wind for most of morning , water temp ranged from 66-69 . Fished 2-20' mostly and found em  on submerged stumps on Spinnerblades, Creature Baits, Worms, Chatterbaits and Traps. Rudy was killing both of us there for awhile and then I seemed to just key in on them for a couple hours and caught 5 iirc
Here's a few of mine

Evidently this one likes worms a lot :) has one hanging out he previously got ahold of .

Rudys

Jims

IIRC I caught 5, Jim caught 4 and Rudy caught 7-8 ? Air temp was in the mid to upper 80's .  Rudy fished till around noon and Jim and I called it a day around 5:30, hope you enjoyed the report and pictures of some Great Lake Norman Bass Fishing.
Had a great time and hope to get Rudy up to Virginia/Tennessee for some Smallmouth action.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

BassmanRudy

Was Def a pleasure to meet ya'll and the weather couldn't have been better for a good day on the water!! :-) This lake has been on fire the last few weeks and I'm glad ya'll were able to enjoy it. Like always it seems the "big-uns" showed but didn't stay hooked up or the day could have been even better! I regret the 1 day ya'll could make it down I had a family Bday dinner thing so couldn't fish the whole time and keep up my running Commentary about the section of lake we were in and fish I had caught before(and lost) on this tree or that stump, etc. Anyone who has ever fished w me can vouch for me Never shutting up LOL!! :-)

fish w the worm hanging out!

Rick w one he caught after it chased some bream up shallow and he threw a spinnerbait over! Also his First bass of the year- correct?!?!

a shot of them fishing the bank across from my grandparents. 
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Bigwrench

Quote from: BassmanRudy on May 04, 2015, 10:45:26 PM
Rick w one he caught after it chased some bream up shallow and he threw a spinnerbait over! Also his First bass of the year- correct?!?!
Heck yeah , I forgot to mention that but I'm pretty sure it was my first bass of the year !! Which is sad for me seeing as how it's already May lol
    I've got a ton of life issues going on this year that weren't in place last spring, hopefully things will slow down after the wedding some :)
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Rangerman

Well welcome to you potlickers to Down Town Lake Norman lo Son the bite has been on big time for about 45 days. Glad y'all got into some fish. Next time hollar and we will get togather for fishing and yes a big lunch lo Won't be long till the pop bait, walker, buzz and fluke kick in. Starting to a little action on it but no what you say Big Time top water. Y'all keep coming on down we need your money lo Don't forget the Oct 24 UB Rally out of Betties Ford Landing with BBQ and 100%++ payback.

Princeton_Man

It was a great time and I wish you'd been able to fish the whole day with us Rudy. You are a fountain of info and definitely know your fishin' hole. I also wish Rick and I hadn't had to work the next day because that would be a great place for some night fishing. Thank you again for the hospitality. It was pleasure meeting and fishing with you and I hope we'll get you out on some Va and TN water the next time you're in the neighborhood.

I expect we'll be making a few more trips to Norman before the rally this year. We've got some recon to do. -Jim
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bigwrench

Quote from: Princeton_Man on May 07, 2015, 06:56:43 AM
I expect we'll be making a few more trips to Norman before the rally this year. We've got some recon to do. -Jim
Most definitely! Besides we spent all that money on an out of state annual license so we are good till 2016 !!!
$38 online for a non resident freshwater annual license has to be one of the most reasonable prices I have seen. No reason not to renew every year now lol
  I actually looked for a lifetime non resident but didn't see that option.
We will be back often !

Rangerman

Y'all make sure you get signed up for UB Rally Oct 24, 2015 out of Betties Ford Landing. ;If you down fishing and to stay over night the best motel in Days Inn Exit # 28 on Holiday Drive. Boater friendly and good food close by ~c~ The Days Inn at Exit 36 is also good but has alot of truck traffic in and out of dirt parking lot next door for the Waffle House lots of noise and dust ~b~ Sure nuff hollar when you down and mayby we can get togather. The pop R bite is just about ready to kick in with the walking baits and buzzers ~sun