Another "newbie"

Started by podcast, May 10, 2015, 11:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podcast

Hey y'all. Obviously just joined. Been fishin most of my life, not regularly but consistent enough. My ole man is an addict both for ice and boat fishin. I've taken many Canada trips and more with him. Lots of fun but I typically am having huntin instead. My son however likes to fish and since he's not interested in huntin I'd figure is an least get home goin on this.

I'm mainly here to learn about the newer electronics. I just purchased a Helix 5 SI and went out yesterday. I want to be able to tweak this finder to better use particularly the SI feature and be able to identify fish accurately. Knowing myself as I do I'll likely be gettin another one for the bow of the boat or one similar so the more I know the better off I am.

I'm a dog trainer/bird(ducks and pheasant) hunter as well as an archery deer hunter. I compete at state levels mainly in 3D tournaments but have recently been involved in a few 5 spot tourneys as well. We have a world champion archer at my club so I take advantage of this and have enjoyed it.

I have, for up north, a unique fishin rig. A 17' 6" Mike Kleibert custom hull with a stage 2 23hp GTR. On the bow I use a 65# PDV2. I use this mainly for duck huntin and I hunt the marsh for deer as well but it's nice exploring different lakes and going full out not having to worry bout the motor hitting a stump or log.

I do have fairly good knowledge particularly for panfish but I'd like to learn more bout bass.

Pacific NW Ron

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information and a lot of opinions available here on UlitmateBass. The members on this forum will treat you like family. If you have a question about anything, just post it and you'll get lots of answers. If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it. If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story. The great guys and gals on UB are all willing to help.  We are a site sponsor.   We offer member discounts.  You can check them out on the forum under Dock talk and Ultimate Bass Sponsor Discount Codes   When you get a chance check out our two websites, and don't forget to use you Discount Codes.  On many of the items, on the first site, you will see a different price when you add it to your cart.   Maybe we can save you some money.
http://www.beatthebigboxboys.com/  and
http://midwest.beatthebigboxboys.com/catalog/?ret_id=1408319
Stay Safe, Good Luck and enjoy the site.    Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Smallie_Stalker

Hey podcast. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

You may want to check out the Bass Boat Electronics section of the forum if you haven't already. We have some very knowledgeable people and some Pro-Staff members from some of the manufactures who post there and can probably help you out with any questions you may have.

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

In the meantime if I can be of any help with anything please don't hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Podcast

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

podcast and to Ultimate Bass and I use to go to Canada fishing also and it was a blast and you came to the right place to learn about Bass fishing so just look around and holler if you need any help finding what your looking for.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bigjim5589

Welcome to UB podcast!  ~c~
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.