5/25/15 Lake Okeechobee, Belle Glade. Slims Fish Camp.

Started by LgMouthGambler, May 25, 2015, 05:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Was a great day fishing. Right off the bat they were crushing topwater baits. Details to come.

Sun was rising very nicely this morning.

I had my new LSCR rigged for pitching, but the fish were crushing on the top. I found that out using my other Zillion that was rigged with a swimbait, EZ swimmer. I caught one almost right away throwing it.

I decided to cut the pitching rig off the LSCR, and tie on a swimbait hook. I just decided on a 5/0 EWG Trokar hook. That is when the LSCR got a good workout. Tossing the EZ was effortless with the MegabassIP68 and torzite guides that Lee put on it.

Kept trolling along in this pocket area. Other boats couldn't get in that area for to the hydrilla and it being shallow, but my boat got back there just fine.

Picked up a few more.

And they just kept coming.

I decided to way back in the canal and search for some more fish. I kept seeing beds around the bottom. The water was only about 4ft, my perfect condition.

And a mudfish.

I motored down a bit further to find some clean water. It was starting to get a bit muddy since the wind was starting to kick up hard.

I rolled up on this area in the next cut. I decided it's time to start punching. Grab the Coastal/Champ rig and start tossing a Why Not.

The wind was really starting to howl, so I decided to head in. It was 1500hrs so I had been out a full day. Back to the ramp.

It was a good day. I didn't take pictures of all the fish, but you got the idea. I didn't manage anything huge, but the bite was good for topwater so I was happy. The LSCR got a good workout, and performed way better than I could ask for. I had a peaceful day on the Big O, not too many people out there today.

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MCS

Great pics and write up. Soild day out there. What color ez? That gold rush or melon shad?
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Canesfan

Good job, know those areas well from years ago even though you weren't using Lews

Lipripper

~c~ ~c~ Great report and love all the pictures  ~shade Nice looking Bass also. Lot's of nice looking fishing spots also.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Great report. Glad you had a productive outing. Thankgoodness you didn't take pictures of every single bass, I was tired of scrolling down....  ~roflmao.....  >:D

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

ccr425

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: MCS on May 25, 2015, 06:32:33 PM
Great pics and write up. Soild day out there. What color ez? That gold rush or melon shad?
Melon shad.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rovingmutt

Now that was a good day,   ~gf, top water action, good report
just a stick with a string tied to it

zamguy

Great day on the water, thanks for showing us how its done.
2016 LCB, 250 Merc Pro XS, Lowrance Electronics
GLoomis Rods  Shimano Reels  Power Pro line

Swede

Bass thumb - it's a shame that not everyone knows the pain ~shade

Thanks for the great report!
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts