Advice on Dealership Issue

Started by BigRed65, April 23, 2017, 10:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed65

Hello all,
I am new to this site and am looking for some advice.

I purchased a 2017 Tracker Targa V18 Combo a few months ago from a dealership (Not Bass Pro).  At the time I purchased a mooring cover and a Bimini Top.  The items did not arrive for 2 months.  When they did I left the boat at the dealership and later picked it up.  Instead of providing the mooring cover they gave me a full enclosure cover ($1,900 value).  Well, this included installed button snaps all over my boat, changing the appearance of my boat.

The dealer's first response was for me to drive back to the dealership and they would swap out the covers.  I said that was not acceptable as I would have button snaps all over my boat and no cover for it.  The dealer then offered to let me keep the enclosure.  However, I would never use it.  (I would maybe use the half curtains for partial wind protection but not the full enclosure. 

What are my possible options and what re-courses do i have?  I want my boat back to it's original condition but they have already changed that possibility.

Suggestions?

gatorglenn

Sale boat that's about all that can be done. Only if the dealer won't take it back into there inventory, and order you a new one. There mistake but they feel you got a free up grade. You'll probably have to get Tracker themselves involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard!

What are your long term plans for the boat? IMHO If you only expect to own the boat for a few years before selling or upgrading, I'd store the full enclosure cover until that time. It may help selling or trade value down the road. If this was a once in a lifetime purchase with no plans to sell or upgrade, you may have to head to court. I don't know if there's a dealer arbitration act laws for watercraft or not but it may be worth looking into.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

BigRed65

Thanks for the responses.  This was basically a retirement gift to myself and intended to last me for as long as possible.  It was a large purchase to have changed by a mistake.

Oldfart9999

Tracker probably won't be of much help, most likely the best you'll be able to do is try to shame the dealer into replacing the boat, you could try to get the state attorney general's office involved.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.