Lee Smith Custom Rod photo thread

Started by bigred170, May 29, 2015, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Wow it must've got crushed pretty good.  That pvc pipe is pretty tough stuff.  Sorry to hear the bad news.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pferox

OH what a let down, huh?  So sorry to hear about your rod.

Looks like Iron Pipe is the next shipping container of choice, huh Lee?
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Pferox on August 11, 2015, 06:56:49 AM
OH what a let down, huh?  So sorry to hear about your rod.

Looks like Iron Pipe is the next shipping container of choice, huh Lee?

No, what we need are employees that arent so dang careless. SMH, its sad.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Mike Cork

That had to be bad! Lee's shipping containers or Samsonite Strong (showing my age there)....

When we got Mothers rod it took twenty minutes unwrapping to see what color it was  :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ccr425

Lol. Yeah, he packs them well. Not sure how they did it, but they did it. I have a friend that works for UPS and he is under a time crunch constantly. I think the blame should start at the top. Still, something packed that well should be ok from Mississippi to North Florida!

Smallie_Stalker

Wow, sorry to hear of the mishap. But Lee will get you set one way or another. He hasn't had a dissatisfied customer yet!  ;D
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

analfisherman

"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

LgMouthGambler

I needed to add this one to the thread. My Dad special. Lee built me in celebration of my son. Point Blank, MVT seat, Fuji torzite spiral wrapped guides, carbon fiber grip.

Its new reel.

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

They go good together. Another fine job  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

I figure it's time I post a couple...

My light plastics and dock skip rod...

Lee built these for my two sons.

Lee put Justin's EMS/Fire company logo on his and since Cody is majoring in Earth & Animal Science, Lee put snake skin on his.

I can't believe I don't have a picture of my pride and joy LSCR jig rod! Lee delivered that one to me at Snowmageddon Gunterville. I know I've taken pictures of it but can't even one.

Lee is the Master of Master Rod Builders! ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

basss

Oh man, those are some nice rods. I better get outta this thread before something expensive happens.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

analfisherman

ALL I CAN SAY.........IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT GREAT LENGTHS LEE WILL GO TO......CLIP ON THE LINKS I PUT IN MY POST....THEY'RE LIVE LINKS SO JUST CLICK THEM.

Especially the first one, it's from Lee himself.
Second is finished piece of ART

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=127521.msg1383250#msg1383250

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=127651.msg1384647#msg1384647

Thanks Lee!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Down4ttown

LMG, that is the best idea I have seen for a rod. I may steal your idea and have Lee commission something like that for me. I would love a rod like that with my daughter's name and me claiming her as my own.

Kudos to you dude. That is the best rod I have seen in a long time and it has nothing to do with the look or components.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on January 27, 2017, 07:21:54 AM
LMG, that is the best idea I have seen for a rod. I may steal your idea and have Lee commission something like that for me. I would love a rod like that with my daughter's name and me claiming her as my own.

Kudos to you dude. That is the best rod I have seen in a long time and it has nothing to do with the look or components.
Wasn't me. That was all Lee and my Wifes idea.

<")))<{

Down4ttown

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 07, 2017, 05:48:05 AM
Wasn't me. That was all Lee and my Wifes idea.

<")))<{
Either way, that is what I want to do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sisco Kid

Sweet looking bunch of rods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockchalk06

Just read through this and realized I've never posted mine here yet.

#1 Swim Jig Set up:

rockchalk06

Lipripper

Looks nice Rock  ~c~ I'm still trying to get a good picture of mine.  lo lo

rockchalk06

Quote from: Lipripper on February 21, 2017, 03:18:26 PM
Looks nice Rock  ~c~ I'm still trying to get a good picture of mine.  lo lo

Have you tried outside yet? Sometimes the best lighting is natural

Lipripper

Not yet but I've tried my casio camera that I take all my fish pictures with and also the camera on my phone and can't get it to come out good enough. I'm going to have to find the book on my Camera I'm sure there are some adjustments I can make on it  lo lo

LgMouthGambler

Back up Rock, I see 2 reels that you have since gotten rid of.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Dang... I just realized I haven't participated on this thread yet!! I will wait til I'm on the water and take Rock's advice and use the natural light.  ;PHO)

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 21, 2017, 03:47:21 PM
Back up Rock, I see 2 reels that you have since gotten rid of.  lo

Ya I need new pictures I got smart and went all Shimano

rockchalk06

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 21, 2017, 04:30:48 PM
Dang... I just realized I haven't participated on this thread yet!! I will wait til I'm on the water and take Rock's advice and use the natural light.  ;PHO)

2 hours till sunset gives me to best lighting for my iPhone 7 plus.