Mister Twister Buzz Bug with photos

Started by Mike Cork, December 22, 2015, 09:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

In this first photo you can see the over all size of the new Mister Twister Buzz Bug. It's slightly larger than the Zoom speed craw. This should give you a fair size comparison. The body of the bait is almost the same size but the legs are larger. There is also a little deeper cut in the actual claw and the plastic it's self is more pliable. This all adds up to a leg system that starts kicking instantly.

As you can see the Buzz Bug Legs stick out from the body very noticeably. In the water the are still visible and seem to help keel the bait. Very natural looking

People have asked if the bait is full round or has a flat side. Mister Twister has created a unique shape with this. At the head of the bait where you first insert a hook it's full round, then where a hook point is after rigging the bait has a very small flat surface.

In this Claw view, you can see in the legs that there is an angle built into the point where the claw attaches, this seems to aid in getting the claws moving quicker. In the water when the bait is sitting still the claws are very apparent, unlike it's zoom counter part that looks like a blob of plastic when sitting still in the water.

This head view shows the unique shape very well.

Over all comparison, make up your own mind. The buzz bug is a little larger, definitely creates more disturbance in the water, and starts creating action much easier than it's counter part. 

And some colors that they are starting out with

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Tks for putting this together for us. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

mygreenihc

Thank you Mike for taking the time to put that together.  That answers the questions that I have. 

When will these be available?

Where can we buy them?

Brad

BassmanRudy

Interesting- thanks for posting some pics! I had heard a lot about this bait right before our 2 day tourney last month but never saw a pic. So they copied the ultravibe speed craw "claws end" just added 3/8" to the overall length of the claw. The rounded head part is a good idea and also having a thinner slot for the hook. On the super speed craw from zoom they added the segments that aren't on the uv one. Overall I'll try em but have caught a lot of fish on a watermelon red flake uv speed craw!! :-)
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

Rudy once you put these in the water you'll see that there are a lot of differences in action.  :-*

I'm not sure exactly when you'll find them in the stores. Look for the major online stores to have them first.

Cork's Reel Service

BassmanRudy

Managed to acquire some today and going fishing Thursday will Def give em a try!!
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

blkfalc4

Quote from: BassmanRudy on December 29, 2015, 06:00:05 PM
Managed to acquire some today and going fishing Thursday will Def give em a try!!

Fishing??? I'm so jealous....snowed here today.
2005 Ranger 519VX w/200HO Etec

Hoop Goobner

Mike Cork

No they are not. If you like scented baits check out the Mister Twister exude line. It's mostly saltwater but has some great cross over baits.

Cork's Reel Service

Deadeye

I looked for them yesterday at Academy but didn't see any Mr Twister stuff there at all.

Mike Cork

ummm? Let me check on that. Now that you mention it, I can't remember seeing Mister Twister stuff in our academy either?

Cork's Reel Service

BassmanRudy

In the bossier academy the mister twister stuff is on an end cap on the back wall side.
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Oldfart9999

I remember when Twister was everywhere then you saw less and less of them. I really like their 4 inch curltail grub on smoke color. Good to see them coming back.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

BassmanRudy

Got to fish one today some and it does have some good action.
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Polaris425

So how do you fish them? Texas rig or flipping? Or are you swimming them?
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Mike Cork

Quote from: WarriorRiverTackle on January 02, 2016, 09:18:08 AM
So how do you fish them? Texas rig or flipping? Or are you swimming them?

Yep!!!

I've been mostly texas rigging and behind a jig. It's been the wrong time of year but they will be awesome over the pads and grass of the warmer months.

Cork's Reel Service

Polaris425

That's what I was thinking too. Weightless swimming them top water w/ those legs kicking.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.