shaikira rods

Started by snapper340, March 28, 2006, 01:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper340

Does anyone here use Shaikira rods? the factory is just a few miles from my house, and I see their rod blanks at rod building suppliers. I was wondering if they were comparable to Falcon, or Shimano rods. I am going to build myself some new rods this fall, but I want good blanks, and since Shaikira is so close if they are any good, I may use them.

earthworm77

I believe it is Shikari and they are what comes on a GBlanks rod. Very nice blank.
Micro Munch Tackle

I am my own man.

Local Rookie

I've had experiences with the Shikari Rods - two custom trout rod and the other a Gblanks rod. My first custom Shikari trout rod split in half as I was lifting the trout out of the water. It was a slow action trout almost like a noodle feel. I decided to give it another shot and got another custom Shikari rod. This one was not split in center (so it wouldn't break  ~beer~ ) it was very sensitive but imho it was pretty heavy for trout fishing. I ended up not using it and just sold it.

I also had a GBlank rod with split handles. I actually had this a long, long time ago maybe in '02-'03. Again it was pretty heavy but only becuase at that time I was fishing with guys using GLoomis GLX and IMX. It was very sensitive - I can feel the rocks, seaweed, and the bay bass breathing  ~beer~ It was definately a lot stronger and had more backbone - it feels more natural to fish with than the IMX imo. I also ended up selling it to a close friend.

I know a couple of other guys who uses the Shikari Rod blanks for jigging Irons for Yellowtails and they enjoy using. Good luck and Tight Lines.

hesjustbassin

Flat out awesome blanks. I'd reccomend them to anyone.
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

Marty

I've got a custom built 7'6" flipping stick built on a Shikari blank, love the rod.  Split grips customized to fit my hands.   It's perfect for the way I flip.

Marty