Are there bass in em?!?!

Started by BassmanRudy, January 08, 2016, 05:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

Arrived here in Tucson yesterday and picked up my fishing license already! A fishing map showed me 3 community ponds that "say" that bass are in them but I was wondering if anyone had fished em to make sure?? They are-
Lakeside
Kennedy
Silverbell

Thanks!! :-)
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

I've heard over silverbell from others that have been there digging up bones before you....

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassmanRudy

Thanks Mike. I've read the last 4 fishing reports and those 3 aren't mentioned- But they do talk about the water temps and other lakes where they have stocked trout and bass have been caught so I've got a chance! The smallest trout they stock are around 10" so I'd need a Big swim bait to match that!
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

Yeah.... but a 6 inch bait with a wide wobble will work well too...

Hey them trout will pass the time and can be fun to catch if you make it a challenge and don't use the corn they feed them in the growing ponds  ~roflmao

Cork's Reel Service

BassmanRudy

This is getting harder to do than I thought... can't find even basic Texas rigged hooks or shaky heads. Have to do some modification/adapting I guess! Did get a rod and line lol!

**OK so I did find a Walmart that had stuff! I haven't shopped at 1 in years but this one has bass stuff though no one at the counter could tell me where you can catch a bass!!**
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

~roflmao

It's a different world over there :surrender:

Cork's Reel Service

BassmanRudy

Fished all 3 of em between yesterday and today. Kennedy seems to be the deepest and I actually saw people catching fish(trout)!! But yeah they didn't want a spinner bait or drop shot or shaky head!! Will try again later lol
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

d.branch3

Arizona guys are tight lipped, you would think someone over there would help you out!
Powell Rods.

Eric L.

ha, us arizona folks have a hard time staying logged in here...I really miss my boat and being 5 min from any number of great fishing spots.  BassmanRudy, I'm down in Sierra Vista, AZ...there are a couple of small fishing holes down this way.  I haven't had much luck, have been out to Parker Canyon Lake (lake is a stretch) a few times and out to Patagonia once.   They're both about an hour from me so I don't go as often as I would like.  I've caught a few small trout and really small bass out of Parker Canyon Lake just walking the banklines. 
Eric

BassmanRudy

Thanks for the reply Eric! I've been hearing and reading about both Parker Canyon and Patagonia. Seems to be the ones mentioned the most from anglers around the Tucson ponds. They say Patagonia has boats to rent and yes Parker is pretty accessible all the way around the lake to walk. I'm really just going to be happy catching 1, taking a pic and posting it here and on Facebook, then more than likely calling it quits!! :-) A few guys have said some really "big" bass up to 9 or 10lbs live in Parker but it's cold right now so they are probably deep(I think the 1 guy said 65' at the dam??). If you'd like a partner to either walk or boat one weekend let me know! I could meet you at the lake or in Sierra Vista either way. I know where parker is haven't Google Patagonia yet.
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

Quote from: Eric L. on January 18, 2016, 06:45:39 PM
ha, us arizona folks have a hard time staying logged in here...

Eric, have you been having trouble with the Ultimate Bass?

Cork's Reel Service

analfisherman

Well I'm not from Arizona BUT we do have and I do fish BOWs with 'put & take trout' stocked in them.
There are also big Bass.
I fish a River2Sea's S-Waver.
They have them in 4 3/4", 6 3/4" and I believe an 8".
I fish the 6 3/4".
They swim like a foot below the surface and have a swimming action that boggles the mind.

I fish the Lite Trout color even though our stockings are rainbows but these things are spendy so I'm not going to buy another. (got this one free)

Now you do have to have a heavy powered or X-Heavy powered rod but these things cast a mile and you can really cover the water.

Remember though, this is a big Bass lure unless you drop down to the 4".

But they are refered to as 'Glide Baits' so there are other manufacturers and maybe you can find less expensive Brands?

Here's a link to start your research;

https://www.outdoorproshop.com/River2Sea-Swimbait-S-Waver-p/river2sea-s-waver.htm

They work GREAT on Musky too!  lo
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

ʇuǝɹq™

Iaconelli did City Limits fishing show in Phoenix a few years ago. Maybe you can google that and get some help?

BassmanRudy

Quote from: analfisherman on January 19, 2016, 09:40:28 AM
Well I'm not from Arizona BUT we do have and I do fish BOWs with 'put & take trout' stocked in them.
There are also big Bass.
I fish a River2Sea's S-Waver.
They have them in 4 3/4", 6 3/4" and I believe an 8".
I fish the 6 3/4".
They swim like a foot below the surface and have a swimming action that boggles the mind.

I fish the Lite Trout color even though our stockings are rainbows but these things are spendy so I'm not going to buy another. (got this one free)

Now you do have to have a heavy powered or X-Heavy powered rod but these things cast a mile and you can really cover the water.

Remember though, this is a big Bass lure unless you drop down to the 4".

But they are refered to as 'Glide Baits' so there are other manufacturers and maybe you can find less expensive Brands?

Here's a link to start your research;

https://www.outdoorproshop.com/River2Sea-Swimbait-S-Waver-p/river2sea-s-waver.htm

They work GREAT on Musky too!  lo
I appreciate the reply anal! I bought a small jointed swim bait from cabela's (their brand) in rainbow and turns out these trout turn almost pure silver in these waters! I have a med action spinning rod as it was cheap and since I'm flying I can't bring any big rods back(also why i didn't bring any rods w me!!). I will look into that 4" version as that should be castable. The guys I've talked too said Jan is always slow here and that Feb is better so looking forward to that!
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

BassmanRudy

Quote from: ʇuǝɹq™ on January 19, 2016, 12:43:20 PM
Iaconelli did City Limits fishing show in Phoenix a few years ago. Maybe you can google that and get some help?
Thanks Brent will look into that. The same 2 lakes keep getting mentioned- Patagonia and Parker Canyon both of which are about 1.5hrs from here so that's my next move!
"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com

Eric L.

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 19, 2016, 08:59:11 AM
Eric, have you been having trouble with the Ultimate Bass?
Sorry Mike, I'm not having problems with the site at all...I meant to say coming from bossier/shreveport, I really don't get on here much...mainly because there aren't many fisheries down this way and because there aren't many posts.  I check in once in awhile to see how everyone is doing and to check the PC help forum, but not as often as I should.

It's a little depressing fishing out here, I found a couple little ponds on post (Ft Huachuca) but after talking to the sportsman center, apparently they used to stock them but quit because they were drying up so often.  I think with el nino this year the water table will be up, hopefully they'll consider stocking again.
Eric

flowerjohn

Quote from: Eric L. on January 19, 2016, 06:34:29 PM
Sorry Mike, I'm not having problems with the site at all...I meant to say coming from bossier/shreveport, I really don't get on here much...mainly because there aren't many fisheries down this way and because there aren't many posts.  I check in once in awhile to see how everyone is doing and to check the PC help forum, but not as often as I should.

It's a little depressing fishing out here, I found a couple little ponds on post (Ft Huachuca) but after talking to the sportsman center, apparently they used to stock them but quit because they were drying up so often.  I think with el nino this year the water table will be up, hopefully they'll consider stocking again.

I would move. Lol.

Eric L.

Quote from: BassmanRudy on January 18, 2016, 09:42:14 PM
Thanks for the reply Eric! I've been hearing and reading about both Parker Canyon and Patagonia. Seems to be the ones mentioned the most from anglers around the Tucson ponds. They say Patagonia has boats to rent and yes Parker is pretty accessible all the way around the lake to walk. I'm really just going to be happy catching 1, taking a pic and posting it here and on Facebook, then more than likely calling it quits!! :-) A few guys have said some really "big" bass up to 9 or 10lbs live in Parker but it's cold right now so they are probably deep(I think the 1 guy said 65' at the dam??). If you'd like a partner to either walk or boat one weekend let me know! I could meet you at the lake or in Sierra Vista either way. I know where parker is haven't Google Patagonia yet.
Hey Rudy,
We can do that, this weekend I have an event to attend on Saturday...some of the Green Knights are coming down from Tucson, we're going to eat at Chilis in Sierra Vista then head out to Sierra Vista Range to shoot...you're welcome to come down and hang out, I can probably even find you a ride.

Just shoot me a message if you want to go out there, today was nice in the 70s almost while the sun was shining, so hoping this weather holds up and we can put winter behind us.
Eric

Eric L.

Quote from: flowerjohn on January 19, 2016, 06:37:32 PM
I would move. Lol.
Ha...good advice, as soon as Big AF says it's time, I imagine I will...lol.  I hit 20yrs in May, and will stay a little more to complete my service commitment for xfering the GI bill to the kids.  After that I'm not sure what we'll do, but the idea is to move back to Bossier and find a job, or at least somewhere that I can fish on a regular basis, and only has about 2months of winter max!

Eric

flowerjohn

Quote from: Eric L. on January 19, 2016, 06:40:25 PM
Ha...good advice, as soon as Big AF says it's time, I imagine I will...lol.  I hit 20yrs in May, and will stay a little more to complete my service commitment for xfering the GI bill to the kids.  After that I'm not sure what we'll do, but the idea is to move back to Bossier and find a job, or at least somewhere that I can fish on a regular basis, and only has about 2months of winter max!

Hope all works out for you eric  you are doing your family and your country proud there sir. Cheers. J.

BassmanRudy

"Rudy"
www.mistertwister.com