70.2mph

Started by Ron Fogelson, February 16, 2016, 01:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Fogelson

Not the fastest todate but the best ride at speed so far;BTW best top end so far is 70.4 & I firmly believe my 520 Carbon to be a 73 - 74 mph boat with nothing but jackplate adjustment.

I need to adjust my setup and come down but when I do the chine has been a PITA in the past,,, with more seat time I think coming down shouldn't be as bad, we will have to see.

Was advised by my wrencher to run a raker 26 4 blade,,,, anyone use that wheel with this boat yet?  I've been told also to run a 25 furry but at close to 5 bills each I'd like some 1st hand feel good chats before I drop the $$$$.

Might see a bit more in top end maybe 75/76 with the right prop but I don't want to be all go and no turn,,,,, right not she turns tight enough at speed to slide my passengers around the boat  lo

Lee Smith

Go ahead and get on Ron, I have a 28P Bravo I 4 blade I'll swap ya  lo  ;D

Seat time is the key brother!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Bigwrench

That's Smoking fast ! Just get er all tuned up so I can buy it off ya when your ready for another one LOL
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

BHubb

I agree, buying a "maybe" improvement can be tough on the pocket book ~roflmao

I have a 25P Fury that I can bring down and try out if you want?  I would like to know how a 4 blade would perform on the Z9 compared to the Fury. 

Projohnson22

No such thing as a 4 blade raker

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Projohnson22 on February 16, 2016, 05:19:44 PM
No such thing as a 4 blade raker

Thanks must have said bravo  ~b~ ~b~

BassBUFF

You are welcome to try my Fury. I've got a Walt special that's turned up a bit and I've got a stock 25 too. Just give me a call.

Projohnson22

Ron Fogelson

250 pro xs with torquemaster LU

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: BassBUFF on February 17, 2016, 04:43:15 AM
You are welcome to try my Fury. I've got a Walt special that's turned up a bit and I've got a stock 25 too. Just give me a call.

Thanks Steve ay have to link up at cypress  :-*

Projohnson22

I'd say a fury or tempest. Not sure on a ranger. I've had a bullet and now have a new stratos

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on February 17, 2016, 10:30:41 AM
250 pro xs with torquemaster LU

ron, you have the exact same set up and boat model as Rangerman.  He has been doing some prop stuff and you two might have some common information to share.  I do believe his rig is running just about where yours is and I think he too is looking for a bit more top end.

Ron Fogelson

I'm running a 26 pitch tempest+ with the jackplate slide about 3 inches high from flush its 1 inch lower then when I first raised it and still 3 inches higher then when I got the boat.  I know I know I need to check the prop to shaft but at the time i was more worried about driving her without fighting the chine  lo

blkfalc4

Crompton's Razor 4XL,,,,give Mark a call.
2005 Ranger 519VX w/200HO Etec

jprism

Man them is some fast fish
Using Tapatalk

Ron Fogelson

Well you cant catch them at 25mph either so might as well enjoy the ride.

jprism

Most times I catch something setting still. Just my opinion but 70 way to fast on most lakes.
Using Tapatalk

Ron Fogelson

Not yet, I'm sure I'll be in the 74/75 mph range before I'm done   v~

With a great boat 70 doesn't feel that fast,,,,,, until you turn your head to talk to the passenger and can't catch your breath  lo

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: jprism on February 26, 2016, 06:42:02 AM
Most times I catch something setting still. Just my opinion but 70 way to fast on most lakes.

This commercial best sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKnWAInDYY8
Ardent Prostaff

jprism

Using Tapatalk

cojab

TTK has spoken.

Lee Smith

Yall know my brother Ron would look "woops"y in his g-strang out there  :o  :surrender:  ~roflmao
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Ron Fogelson

Comando only and I'd never turn my back on you guys,,,,,, you can't handle all this "woops"iness  ~bb

flowerjohn

Quote from: cojab on February 26, 2016, 12:14:39 PM
lo lo lo

Now what made me open that video while eating lunch. Had to get the rest to go! Lol!!

Kris

Remember,
Only 10% of the water will support fish big enough to win the tournament.  Idea is to get there first.

I remember someone telling me that back in the 90s when I had the Gambler.  Kris
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat