Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1988 Ranger 395V - Questions  (Read 16953 times)

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: 1988 Ranger 395V - Questions
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 11:54:43 AM »

I found this diagram that shows a "trim limit switch" inline with the throttle trim switch. This seems like a limit switch setting issue to me but this is my first boat so I'm not sure how things work on these suckers.

Bigwrench

• CM Community Diplomat
  • "Your Mileage May Vary"
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 11:55:17 AM »

Unfortunately, mine stops trimming by itself before it hits bottom. This only happens when I use the trim on the throttle or up at the front of the boat. The trim on the motor works properly.
Ok that's what I was wondering. It does sounds like an issue with the switch in the handle or wiring in that case but not 100% sure , does your Ranger have the wiring diagrams inside the rear battery compartment on the lids ? That may help. I have photos of my old 90 330v wiring schematics if you need them.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »

I'll have to look at the inside battery compartment lid. Truthfully, I didn't even notice if there was a drawing in there.

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2016, 10:21:33 PM »

Ugh. Ok. I'm so confused. I must have a bad switch or something in the throttle. I don't know. Took the boat out on Sunday (yesterday) and the switch worked fine. The motor tilt worked perfectly. The wiring checks out from the motor to the throttle and to the front of the boat. I'm at a loss. The only think I can think of is the switch on the throttle control.

I bent the crap outta my MotorGuide Tour edition trolling motor shaft. I feel like punching myself for that one. I gotta try to straighten that sucker out. I bent it early in the day and it was unusable all day. I forgot to fold the motor up before taking off and  hopefully, that's the last time I ever do that. :'(

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2016, 10:30:02 PM »

Oh! I also installed the new battery charger. It works great! It was well worth the $150. ProMariner ProSport 20 - 3 bank charger. Fantastic. I threw away those other crappy chargers.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2016, 07:41:36 AM »

Well, it sounds like you are making steady progress and earning Dufus merit badges that all new boat owners earn.  Believe me when I say we have all done exactly the same thing.   lo

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2016, 10:30:21 AM »

Yeah. That was a total bummer. I hope I can bend this sucker back to straight enough.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »

Yeah. That was a total bummer. I hope I can bend this sucker back to straight enough.

I would not depend on having much success with bending it back.  Good luck in your efforts but I think I know what the outcome will be.

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »

Good news. I was able to bend this back. I used a straight edge to check straightness each time I applied pressure to the shaft. It was bent in two areas. Mostly best at the point where it goes into the top shaft tube. It had a slight bend on the lower. I used two blocks of wood under the shaft and a big C clamp with another block of wood on the top. I crushed it down and repositioned the blocks after each test.

I don't think it's perfect but I can't tell that it's bent at all visually or when I use it.

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2016, 09:31:32 PM »

Good deal, glad you saved a few bucks.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »

I took the old girl in for new carpet. I tried to pick something that was close to the original but apparently I'm a little color blind because now, it doesn't look like it matches. I'm okay with it at this point (because I don't have a choice). The carpeting guy did a good job and turned it around in 4 days for $900. I just need to get the gel coat repaired and the new cover made.

I was going to build a more permanent deck extension but after using the plywood temporary, I think I will just fiberglass it and carpet it the same color as the rest of the boat.

Bigwrench

• CM Community Diplomat
  • "Your Mileage May Vary"
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2016, 11:03:22 AM »

That looks great , what kind of carpet did the use ?
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

postmortem01

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »

You know.... I don't know what kind he used. I know it's marine grade but I don't know what brand.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 23 queries.