Florida Fishbooking 2016

Started by Capt. BassinLou, January 01, 2016, 03:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 14, 2016, 08:23:28 PM
Yeah, been keeping an eye out on the auction sites and local buy and sell things. May have found a reel i can buy for 35 and sell for 80 or more

Nice, gotta love finding a deal like that
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Dark3

Oh ok no more "bad gateway" atleast for this one time lol. Thanks for the compliments on the MGL. MCS probly a jig worm reel. Who knows really im so far out from having a complete set up. I will probly do one more high end then 2 workhorses (still something cool) but cheaper for cranking and flipping/frogging. An nib OG zillion must be out there somewhere lol. No mods planned for anything until down the road. The mgl is beautiful in everyway. Cant think of anything that would class up such a classy looking reel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadeye

Lee I lived on a paved road about 5 miles from the edge of town. We used to ride ours bikes on it all the time with no fear of getting hit or run over, wouldn't chance that now no how. Dirt bike all over the place as we got older, none of the neighbors cared they knew we would take care of their land like it was ours and we did. Use to keep all the trails cut open and the trees and logs kept off.

Party Line was right! We had this one old lady for a neighbor that was ALWAYS on the phone and never said much of anything. Kept the line tied up for hours, my dad used to get so mad when he needed to call in town to order a part for something he was working on.

Oh and the phones were Rotary Dial too. Touch Tone Phones came years later.

I remember standing at the Bedroom Window yelling out to my older brother which way to turn the antenna so Dad could see the TV Picture better. We kept a Pipe Wrench inside the Garage door that we used on the pipe the antenna was mounted on. "little more, little more. STOP! Back a little, STOP! To Much back the other way" and so on until we got it as good as we could.

Cleaning the Tuners on the TV with spray so they would work better. Using the "fine tune dial" to Really Make It Look Good!

I remember the exact moment when my Mom came up to Dad and I standing on the side porch and said "We now have color TV!". I was so excited I ran downstairs to see and it was still B&W. I actually thought that the Color would change over the air! LOL. Turns out she had entered a contest in town and won a combo Color TV and Radio unit. The screen was all of 12 inches I think but Man it was a COLOR TV!

After I got married a few years later I went to a used store and bought a 25 inch Zenith Consul TV. Man that box was huge and we thought we were on the Top of the World.

Good ole days for sure.

Dark3

I got some feedback from tapatalk. Here ya go

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on April 15, 2016, 06:57:14 AM

You send this to Mike?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Man its about time tapatalk responded. I've sent them the error a bunch of times. lol

You know another solution would have been to start Florida Fishbooking 2016 Part 2  ;D
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Dark3 on April 15, 2016, 06:57:14 AM

Sent this to Laurie and Mike

LgMouthGambler

Got me a new on the water tool. My boy at Advance hooked me up.  Its got all the size allens i need, phillips and flat screwdrivers, and 6 8 10mm sockets.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Pferox

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 15, 2016, 08:44:58 AM
Man its about time tapatalk responded. I've sent them the error a bunch of times. lol

You know another solution would have been to start Florida Fishbooking 2016 Part 2  ;D

The Sequel.   ~roflmao
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim