(**Updated**) Lake Jackson(Tallahassee) 3/23/16

Started by ccr425, March 24, 2016, 09:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccr425

Had a chance to meet Steve(FlatsNBay) and do a little sailing, cough-cough, I mean fishing yesterday. We dealt with a full moon, 20 mph+ winds, and the remnants of the last cold front. Air temp was around 76* when we arrived and water temp was probably around 70*. Needless to say we had our work cut out for us! With this info I decided that the easiest way to catch fish would be to drift across a large pad field and cast frogs/ht's with the wind. We got to our spot around 5:00pm and started to drift across the pad field without much action for the first 15-20 minutes. Steve threw a Spro type frog and I went all in with a ht. So we were finally able to get a few fish to follow and I actually had one peck at my lure after the first 20 minutes. Then it happened....... I had a good size wake following my ht. She followed it a few feet and then slurped it down, wait a split second, reel down, feel the fish, cross her eyes! We had a nice fish in the boat a few seconds later. We were excited, thinking that we may have been on to something, but it wasn't meant to be. We tried drifting close to the same area again with no luck. So we decided to go fight the wind and try pitching a nice brush line with no luck. Steve was very patient as I was really struggling with boat control at this point. From there we took off and tried one last area that was a small cove out of the wind. We pitched a little and Steve worked a frog for a few minutes and we decided to call it a day. I had a blast meeting and talking to Steve and I hope he can make it back up one day when conditions are a little more stable, lol.

Our only fish for the day. It weighed 4.5 pounds.

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for the report. By the looks of the pic, it doesn't look like it's windy at all. Lol!! Glad you guys were able to meet up.

ccr425

Lol, look closer. The pads are flipped up in the wind. There were brief periods of manageable wind here and there. Those periods didn't last long, lol.

Capt. BassinLou

Tell you what... that backround looks perfect for the applications you guys were using. Too bad about the wind. :(

ccr425

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 24, 2016, 10:18:34 AM
Tell you what... that backround looks perfect for the applications you guys were using. Too bad about the wind. :(
For sure! It's my favorite area for ht's as it contains some very nice fish. That area is also off of the main lake somewhat. The main had a nice chop going on.

MCS

Nice fish, good report. You did what you could is some tough conditions.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

SFL BassHunter

That is a nice one CCR. That area looks very fishy.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

At least its a Noles hat, and not a Gators hat :)

My list of teams:

1. UM
2. FIU
3. FAU
4. FSU
5. Everyone else except the Gators
6. Gators

Sorry to any Gators fans!
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

ccr425

Quote from: rickdelprado on March 24, 2016, 11:24:43 AM
At least its a Noles hat, and not a Gators hat :)

My list of teams:

1. UM
2. FIU
3. FAU
4. FSU
5. Everyone else except the Gators
6. Gators

Sorry to any Gators fans!
Lol......

ccr425

Oh yeah Rick, your new football coach is a traitor........

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: ccr425 on March 24, 2016, 12:50:59 PM
Oh yeah Rick, your new football coach is a traitor........

What? How is he a traitor?
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing

ccr425

Quote from: rickdelprado on March 24, 2016, 12:59:38 PM
What? How is he a traitor?
He used to be our OC. He should hate the U.........

Money prevails once again!

ccr425

And poor LMG. Where's Fulmer??????? He was the program. Oh well, at least y'all can say the best QB of all time played for Tennessee!!

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: ccr425 on March 24, 2016, 03:18:34 PM
He used to be our OC. He should hate the U.........

Money prevails once again!

But he was a QB for UM, so he can't hate the U. So he is a traitor that found his way back home. :)
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: ccr425 on March 24, 2016, 03:20:58 PM
And poor LMG. Where's Fulmer??????? He was the program. Oh well, at least y'all can say the best QB of all time played for Tennessee!!

Joe Montana nor Dan Marino played for Tennessee.  ;D
Florida Bass Fishing

ccr425

Quote from: rickdelprado on March 24, 2016, 03:26:54 PM
Joe Montana nor Dan Marino played for Tennessee.  ;D
Ummm...... I  said the best of all time. IMHO Montana doesn't even belong in the conversation. Super bowls are won by teams. Good thing he played on 4 that were great! Marino deserves to be in the conversation for sure! Manning=GOAT........

ccr425

Quote from: rickdelprado on March 24, 2016, 03:24:35 PM
But he was a QB for UM, so he can't hate the U. So he is a traitor that found his way back home. :)
~shhh

Why ya gotta ruin it for me??? ;D

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: ccr425 on March 24, 2016, 03:32:14 PM
Ummm...... I  said the best of all time. IMHO Montana doesn't even belong in the conversation. Super bowls are won by teams. Good thing he played on 4 that were great! Marino deserves to be in the conversation for sure! Manning=GOAT........

Ohhh you are talking about that Manning fella! Yeah he is pretty good! lol...

Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on March 24, 2016, 03:35:15 PM
Ohhh you are talking about that Manning fella! Yeah he is pretty good! lol...

Pretty good?!  :bang  :st:)

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 24, 2016, 03:41:17 PM
Pretty good?!  :bang  :st:)

lol no hes top 2 for sure. I just wanted to mess with you!
Florida Bass Fishing