How to build a Bass Fishing Rod

Started by Mike Cork, April 13, 2016, 07:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: Lee Smith on November 08, 2017, 01:11:16 PM
And yes, I get them all from Kevin at Getbitoutdoors.com!

Kevin is a great guy and a new dad and trying to build his business in the same exact town that MudHole is in, Oviedo, Florida.

I try and give Kevin all my business and I have the advantage of living within 10 miles of his store and can stop by and handle rod blanks when I need one.

I have held and compared side by side all of Kevin's rod blank rands and to me, I find the North Fork Composite blanks by Gary Loomis new company to be my favorite choice.

So once I get moved into the new house and get my new workbench all set up the first rod I make will be a North Fork! My last one was a MHX blank from MudHole and I am not 100% thrilled with it and Winn grips, so I may make some changes for my next rod build. And I definitely plan on buying from Kevin.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!