Help with Bass Tracker Radio install

Started by mynameissean123, May 01, 2016, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mynameissean123

Hey all, i just purchased a 2010 bass tracker 175 its great but i need a radio. I was recently looking at this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281700236426?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i was wondering if anyone had ever installed one similar to this or this one exactly. I don't know much about boats, but I'm assuming you have to drill holes and such to mount the speakers as well as the receiver its self. can anyone show me pictures of what they did, as well as describe to me the process in doing this? i have no idea where i can and cannot mount the speakers, or if that receiver is a good one to get.

Any help is greatly appreciate

Thank You

scbassfanatic

I have an 05 PT175. I thought about it for a long time and never could figure out where to mount a radio. My wife bought me a marine radio and speakers for Christmas one year, but i couldn't find a place to mount it. A friend of mine bought a new radio for his motorcycle and gave me his old one. It is similar to that one, just smaller. It came with two speakers designed to mount on handle bars. I mounted the radio under the dash next to the gear shifter with velcro and mounted the speakers to the underside of the console. It works great, out of the way and plenty loud. The only thing I am really not satisfied with is the antenna wire. I haven't taken the time to try to hide it any where. I think this one will work just the same.

mynameissean123

can you send me some pics of what you did?

scbassfanatic

I haven't forgotten about you buddy. I just can't seem to get the pics to load up.  ~b~

Iowaboy

I just installed a jensen round stereo radio on my 2012 proteam 175 on the left side of the console & next to it I put a small hub to plug in an iPod or a flash drive. this is the stereo type that designed to go where a gauge was but you can drill your own hole. speakers went below the shifter & about the same location on the port side.  I used a flex antenna and just put it through to the rear up under the console where there is a space cut out when they roto molded it.  worked out great. if you want more pics let me know.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
kc

Avalonjohn44

My wife bought me a cool little solar powered (with a crank if the sun ain't shining) marine radio. It is awesome. I'm not much for tunes on the water, but there is nothing like listening to a baseball game while fishing. I don't even like baseball that much, but the radio broadcasts are great to fish to or to fall asleep to...
Here is the one she got, there are cheaper options:

http://www.amazon.com/Weather-adapter-flashlight-thermometer-humidity/dp/B009M9WPIU?ie=UTF8&keywords=solar%20powered%20noaa%20radio&qid=1465327778&ref_=sr_1_3&s=wireless&sr=8-3

upnorthbacon

I'm going to install a Bluetooth marine amp/speakers in mine.  If you check amazon you can find amplifiers that project Bluetooth and you can use your phone for your radio.  I'm hoping to mount the amp under the console and speakers in the sides of the boat.  I may get really cheap and just install one speaker in the console and call it good since I don't need some big booming system.  You can find them for about $150 with speakers.

Nutt

I have a Z-7 and wanted a way to listen to music or whatever when the fishin was slow.  Instead of mounting a radio and speakers, my wife bought me a rechargeable blue tooth speaker called The Cube.  I mounted it under the drivers console by using Velcro so I can take it out and charge it.  It can get louder than I would need it while fishing and it has great sound.  I use the Pandora app on my I-Phone when I want to use it.  If I remember, it cost way less than 50.00.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Nutt

The speaker is actually only 14.99 at Wal-Mart. 
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

scbassfanatic

Randy1964

How to install radio on a bass tracker 175