New Boat

Started by joe3523, April 02, 2006, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe3523

Thanks to everyone for their help on informing me on boats.  Here is what I came up with.

1995 Cajun XXL
- 20 Foot Long and 8.5 Feet Wide  :shocking:
- 200 HP Johnson
- 2 Depth Finders
- Leather Seats
- 2 Rear Live Wells
- 1 Front Livewell/Beer Cooler
- 2 Massive Front Storage Compartments
- Trailboss Trailer

They were asking $10,000 and I got it for $8,500.  I think that is a pretty good price for a boat from a dealer.  As soon as I saw this boat on the web I fell in love with her.  What you guys think?

Kal-Kevin

sweet looking boat glad you found one you like.

Kal-Kevin

joe3523

Thanks.  Yeah love at first sight!  Need a name now

OutdoorFrontiers

Oh, that's a keeper!   ~c~

Now, protect that investment with a KeelShield too!   :-*  I've had them on the last three boats I've owned and now with the Fast Cat that I'm getting, because it's a catamaran hull, I need TWO!   ::)  I'm not complaining though because I know how well they protect my investment.

It certainly sounds like you made a great deal.  A friend of mine has a smaller Cajun and loves it.

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

silversalmon

Congrats on the boat man, now put it to good use, nail that 10 pounder  ~c~

United States Air Force 1994-present

joe3523

Yeah i am planning on it...how much those usually cost? Yeah I get it this week so i will see this weekend how she performs. 

HAHA yeah the rear 2 livewells are smaller and i was like well this wont hold my fish!  :)

Warpath

Joe,

Congrats on the purchase.  Hope you really enjoy it!

Eric

OutdoorFrontiers

Joe,

Cabela's has the 7 foot white model listed for $159.00.  They're well worth the investment.  I beach my boat repeatedly and it's saved the hull from a lot of scratches and abrasion.  It doesn't affect the performance of the boat at all and helps if you ever want to re-sell it.

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

snapper340

joe, you'll love the boat, but theres one problem, I'M JEALOUS! :roll2: :roll2: sweet ride. I have the 170 and absolutely love it. cajuns are in my opinion one of the best out there, too bad they went out of production. congrats man, when you get it we need lots of pics. maybe we can get our own board if we try hard enough! ;D ;D

snapper

joe3523

I got the boat in my driveway last night...well part of it that is.  It is wider then my driveway.  Talk about a boat!  I have class tonight but if I get out early I will take some pics and post them. 

I still need to clean and wax the boat and trailer.  You guys suggest McQuires Boat Wax? 

Yeah I plan on getting a KeelShield.  I also need a troll motor big enough for this boat.  What you guys suggest?  Keep in mind I just spent a good lump of money and am looking for the bargain basement  ;D Also, the cover that came with it does not cover the engine...what you guys suggest?

Creel Limit Zero

That is a nice looking ride.  Hope she does you well.  Make sure you make it to tonights tackle giveaway drawing.  The past couple of months, they have given away a keelshield.  Now that is sweet!   ~c~ 

joe3523

Ok I have boat pics up in the gallery but have not figured out how to post them on a thread.  Can someon tell me.

Warpath

Okay, Joe, I do this my way and it works, but if it doesn't work for you, I will get Sharon or someone much better at describing how to do it to help you out.

Once you get the pics in the gallery, click on the one you want to add to a post.  Once its up, I right click on the pic and look for properties.  Click on that.  You will see a line in there that ends with  .jpg.  I highlight that with my mouse, and hit Ctrl+C.  I then go to my post, and you can use the Insert image button above the post reply.  It's three rows below the Subject of the post, and it is second in line.   It looks like a picture.  Once you hit that, you will have a [img] [img] on the board.  Place your cursor between the two, and hit Ctrl+V and it will insert the picture.

Once you hit post, it will show up in your post.

Eric

joe3523

Ok hopefully this works everyone!

I will have more after Friday.  We are going out all day Friday for her first test run.