Aug BS'n & Bassin

Started by Donald Garner, August 01, 2016, 09:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Temps only hit 97 yesterday. with more of the same for today.  a wee bit cooler starting Tuesday but still will hit the upper 80s but promises of night temps might even hit the upper 60s.  I tell you it sure will be welcome if it happens.

Routine Dr. visit tomorrow morning and then stopping by the storage lot to pick up the boat and get it home and charge the batteries.  I am ready for some fishing on Tuesday if all things work out.  It sure has been a long time (about a month) since our last visit to the river.  Won't be long when the fishing will be on a more frequent basis.

Only 5 more weeks until the Guntersville Rally and the excitement builds with each passing day.  Lake Norman Rally on October 29th is the next rally and it too will be a nice event.

Today is set to be a nothing box day.  No work no jobs just taking it easy. We are planning on a visit to the movies this afternoon to see the Jason Bourne newest movie.  Other than that just hanging out.

Lipripper

Morning Bud and I know you will be glad to get the boat home and out on the water. enjoy the movie and relax.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone
56dgrs and raining here in Anchorage Alaska ~rain. Over all had good flight we had a weather delay out of Austin.  Got into Denver with 5 minutes to spare they were holding the plane for us. Got to hold that new Grandson last night for a while he is a keeper for sure  ~c~  I got to helped my Granddaughter do some coloring.  Great time finishing out the day being with our kids.  Nothing really planned for the day except relaxing and enjoying the family.

To everyone have a very pleasant day.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

Donald glad you made it there OK. That was nice of them to hold the flight for y'all. I see your enjoying some cool weather and time playing with the grandkids ~c~ ~c~

Oldfart9999

Evening all! Went to Mass, did up a few jigs went to my daughter's and now finished dinner, just a slow day. Enjoy the family Donald!! Easy days are always good Bud, we didn't get out of the 70s, had rain, supposed to be nice for the week coming with only 2 days of hot, hopefully. Jim, cool is always good, congrats on the new push sticks! Hey Lip, sounds like you're doing ok, good!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Rodney glad y'all are getting some cooler days and hope you can get out and catch some more fish. I won't be doing good till I can get out and go fishing. ;D

Lipripper

Good morning everyone and hope everyone has a great day. Stay cool and if out in the sun drink lots of water.

Oldfart9999

Howdy! 90 Saturday, 73 today, 63 last night going down to 55 tonight, Wednesday 88, what a change. Went fishing this morning, the black and white kitty were in the boat. Got to Honeoye Lake and it was in white caps, north wind on a lake that runs north and south. Stupid me, I launched the boat, went to the only spot I had a shot at boat control, pounded the only patch of grass I could hold on and hit it with jigs, tubes, worms, prayer, cursing and frustration, none of it worked, went home with my tail between my legs. lo lo The one area I knew I could get fish I couldn't fish. lo Better days are coming. Hey Lip, how you doing?
Rodney

Lipripper

Rodney Moma said there would be days like that  lo lo Hope you have better luck on your next trip out. I'm doing about the same at least I'm not getting any worse. ;D

Oldfart9999

Good morning UB nation. 56 degrees headed to 80 or so, partly cloudy, partly sunny, partly what ever. lo Was supposed to be going to Conesus but my wife's car has other ideas, check tire pressure light is on and a seat belt light I need to check out so she's taking the truck and leaving me the Aveo, not my idea of a fair trade. :P lo Donald, how are those grand kids? Lip, how you be? Bud, you fishing today? Deadeye, you fishing? What's happening out there? How are you doing Mike? D3, what's happening? Ya'll ok out there? John, thank you for the cool weather!!
Have a great day,
Rodney

Deadeye

Morning all.

Don, sure glad your getting to spend some time with those babies, enjoy!

Rodney, haven't been fishing much lately got to much other stuff happening to allow that. Watching the boys and now my MIL has taken a quick turn for the worse. She is bed bound now and loosing her life battle fairly quickly. I've been helping out there when I can. Might be days, might be weeks but I can't see her lasting for to much longer. Final stages of COPD, Final stages of Kidney failure, went from about 150 lbs down to maybe 75. Hard to watch it happen, but am there for her and the family as best as I can.

Everyone have a great day.

Pferox

Morning Y'all!

Prayers for everybody!!

Hope Y'all have a fantastic day!
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Morning everyone and Fred will keep all of y'all in my prayers. Your doing all that you can for your MIL and will pray for strength for all of y'all.

Donald Garner

Good morning from The Last Frontier  ;)

53dgrs and raining here in Anchorage  ~rain.  Had a busy day yesterday with our granddaughter I wish I had 1/8 of her energy  ~shade   We're siting in Red Robin restaurant having lunch she jumps up and yells Surprise 3 times that got everyone's attention  lol  She introduced herself to a sales associate at one of the stores. Stuck out her hand and said hi I'm Bailey ~shade. After lunch we headed back home for naps  :surrender:  I slept for 3 hrs  :) Bailey slept a little longer.  Owen had a good too he ate, slept and had his diaper changed a bunch of times.
We might make it to the BPS today.  Bailey likes the fish tank they got there.

Fred;  We have the entire family in our daily prayers.

Rodney;  Life is great Owen is getting bigger everyday.  He's so much different than his sister was at this same age.

Jim; good morning buddy hope all is well.

Lip;  Good morning buddy glad to see you on line.  Prayers for you hoping you're getting stronger.

To everyone have a very pleasant day.

Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

Morning to you too Donald. Glad to see your having a great time. ~c~ ~c~ Great country up there for sure.

Lipripper

Morning everyone and hope y'all are cooling off a little. It's in the 70's and  ~rain up here today. ~c~ ~c~

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone

Another rainy day and 55 dgrs here in Anchorage  ~rain. Grandma and me are going to watch Owen by ourselves today.  Bailey is going to met her Pre-school teacher this morning.  Nothing else planned except to tackle Bailey when she gets back home ~bb. She was wond up last night after drinking (3) juice drinks :help:

Lip;  good morning brother.  I see you got rain at your place too.  You have a good day hope you're getting stronger as time goes by.

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing day.

Lipripper

Yelp we got  ~rain today and maybe tomorrow also but we are a little warmer than 55* though. lo lo Enjoy the grandkids and 3 juice drinks  :surrender: maybe they have wore off by now. lo lo

Oldfart9999

Evening all! Bit warmer here, 88, hot and muggy tomorrow. No fishing today, "The Boss" had me helping to ready a new area for raised beds, 'bout half cleaned up, tomorrow afternoon, Friday and Saturday Afternoons I'll be working on it while she is at work, I will get some fishing in though. lo Lip, as always, prayers! Donald, sounds you're doing wonderfully, might need 4 or 5 energy drinks though. lo Prayers for you and the family Fred, an easy passing would be good now. Jim, Hope everything is good.
Rodney

Lipripper

Evening Rodney and I see the Boss has got you working. ~sweat Tell her you need some time off so you can relax on the water and get your strength back. lo lo

Deadeye

Morning all.

It is sad that those that are hardly ever here have taken to b!tching at my wife that she didn't keep them informed enough as to what was going on.  She was telling them that their Mom was getting worse, they just didn't want to hear it.

Mom was doing just as she had been, but getting weaker up to just before one of the Sisters visited about 2 weeks ago. Then some things changed where sometimes she couldn't make it to the bathroom in time and we had to start to use Adult Diapers just in case. After that sister left my wife and I went on a 2-day get away just to relax a bit and on that day Mom got worse. 1st day she wouldn't get out of bed. Things quickly went downhill from there.

So another one of the Sisters basically is blaming the wife for leaving Mom and not being there and not keeping her informed how bad mom was. Thing is this Sister's son is a Nurse as well as my Wife is and was supposed to be over helping us and hardly ever shows. This one trip away we asked him to come and help and he called his Mom saying how bad her mother was.

I've seen it before. One of the Kids does almost all the work for Mom & Dad and the others do all the bitching that nothing is done right.

I'm glad my Brother and Sister are there for our Mother while I'm a 1000 miles away. No way I can take care of things there and without them they won't get done. Whatever they do, however they do it I have to trust they are doing the best they can.

Sad how families fight when the end if near or already here for their parents.

Everyone have a great day.

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it/s 74* and overcast with no wind and going to get humid . Everyone have a good day.
Fred sad to see it get this way but you know y'all are and have been taking care of your MIL the best you can without much help from them so don't let it get to you and sometimes you have to get away for your own sanity.

Oldfart9999

Afternoon ya'll! Hot and muggy today, grocery shopping is done, time to relax a bit, might tie up a few jigs. It's not easy when those that don't know what's going on but know how to b!tch don't know how to shut up and help Fred, unfortunately I think we all know folks like that, don't let it get you down, you're on the right side.
Rodney

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone

52dgrs and rainy here in Anchorage  ~rain. We get to watch Owen again while Bailey goes to a dr's appt.

Fred;  Sorry to hear about the MIL declining health.  You and the wife are doing the right thing.  We'll keep the family in our daily prayers.

Rodney, Lip;  You guys have a relaxing afternoon  ~shade

To everyone hope your day goes as planned.

Lipripper

Afternoon Rodney and Donald.
Rodney enjoy your relaxing afternoon and tie up some pretty jigs. ;D Oh and stay cool.
Donald don't catch a cold up there in all that cool weather. lo lo Just got back from the Dermatologist and she did a Biopsy of the mole on my face I had that started bleeding. She said she didn't think it was cancer and gave it some fancy name which I won't even try to spell lo lo but wanted to wait till the results came back to say for sure. Enjoy the grandkids as long as you can cause we know how fast they grow up and who knows when you will get to see them again.